The reason GSP didn't come back.

brainwash

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Could the reason be that he wanted to see if Wonderboy could take out Woodley for him

Think about it, Woodley is GSP's nightmare matchup. Not only can he defend the takedown, but he will also KO GSP with the quickness. GSP has nowhere to hide if he happen to fight Woodley. There has been no opponent so that gave GSP as much trouble as Hendricks, and Woodley is basically the faster, more dangerous version.

On the other hand, Wonderboy would be a pretty decent matchup. GSP knows that he can take down Wonderboy.

I'm going to eat your brains and gain your knowledge

Considering GSP was able to take down the best wrestlers in ww history, I'm pretty sure he could get woodley down, and if not? Jab fest all night. Woodley freeezes and has low output, thats a bad recipe vs gsp

GSP would take down Woodley, for sure. He is the greatest MMA wrestler on earth.

He didn't want to give Woodley a money fight. He didn't think he should make as much as a white fighter.

From sparring videos I've seen over the years, he looks old and slow...

I don't think he can compete with the new breed.

He also goes blind in one eye after a few shots to the melon.....maybe that's why?

Did you see what Rory did to him? GSP would employ a similar game plan whether the takedowns manifested or not.

Has nothing to do with it. He didnt come back because he could not reach terms with the UFC. That is the only reason.

Cause woodley is a racist. GSP is not imprezz by him because he gasses quiclkly, is oddly well spoke, doesn't train hard and relies on natural talent.

GSP would dictate the pace and dominate, pressuring Woodley against the cage and scoring takedowns.

But like Hendricks, Woodley can KO him with one shot.

Would be a really good fight tough, a real big fight if the UFC wants to promote big fights and stop bothering Georges with the sponsor shit.

Getting smashed by Johnny Hendricks and ducking PED testing is the reason he's not coming g back?

Real reasons why GSP didn't come back

1. Johnny Hendricks rematch
2. Reebok
3. Dana White
4. PEDS

Nah bro. Woodley is too explosive. They are not made of the same cloth.

I think Woodley is a slightly upgraded version of a prime Josh Koscheck. GSP had no problem with that style. Id love to see the fight though. I think Woodley can go on a real run if he could just perform to his potential. The Wonderboy fight was a perfect microcosm of Woodley. Supreme physical brilliance at times and then a seamless transition to the sleepwalking under-performer who has an awful fight IQ. Woodley thinking he was far enough ahead against Wonderboy to mail in the 5th round and still win was a blunder he should be embarrassed for.

Nah bro. Woodley is too explosive. They are not made of the same cloth.

Woodley is not taking down GSP that easily
gsp1.gif

gsp_koscheck_takedown_defense.gif

Considering GSP was able to take down the best wrestlers in ww history, I'm pretty sure he could get woodley down, and if not? Jab fest all night. Woodley freeezes and has low output, thats a bad recipe vs gsp
yeah that was the whole thing with GSP, well rounded enough so there was no "nightmare matchup" for him (at least in his prime).

Back