Best UFC Card Ever?????

cooks1

No matter where you go-there you are
@Gold
Reaction score
What was the best UFC card ever in your opinion???

IMO it is UFC 52 for many reasons:

First off, the card itself was stacked from top to bottom, and looking back on this card there were just a crazy amount of legends on it:

Liddell-Couture 2
Hughes-Trigg 2
Babalu- Travis Wiuff
Matt Lindland-Travis Lutter
GSP-Jason Miller
Ivan Salaverry- Joe Riggs
Joe Doerksen-Patrick Cote
Mike Van Arsdale-John March

Literally one fighter out of 16 was not either a legend, GOAT, very prominent fighter, or someone who went on to great success as a coach.

Secondly- Out of 8 fights, only 2 went to decision. And one of those was GSP's crazy fight with Mayhem. All the fights were super exciting, and of course Hughes comeback after the nutshot is one of the consesus top 2 or 2 best UFC fights of all time.

That stacked a card, with that many prominent people, with that many finishes, and that many awesome fights. UFC 52 would be pretty hard to beat.

Uh...no. When Matt Lindland, Travis Wiuff, Travis Lutter, and Babalu are all on the main card....there is no way it can be the best ever. Those guys would have a tough time getting prelim matches on the best card ever.

Most stacked card has to go to 205, insane line-up.

Best UFC card imo is 189 tho.

Stacked as FUCK
UFC_49_Unfinidhed_Business-1.jpg

Uh...no. When Matt Lindland, Travis Wiuff, Travis Lutter, and Babalu are all on the main card....there is no way it can be the best ever. Those guys would have a tough time getting prelim matches on the best card ever.

LOL. Lindland and Babalu were both top 10 fighters when this card took place. And Wiuff was a top 15 HW moving down to LHW, Lutter was a moderately ranked LHW at the time, also moving down.

LOL. Lindland and Babalu were both top 10 fighters when this card took place. And Wiuff was a top 15 HW moving down to LHW, Lutter was a moderately ranked LHW at the time, also moving down.

I realize that...but none of that changes anything. Those guys are about as vanilla and uncompelling as you can get. The "Best UFC Card" is going to have a lot more dynamism, excitement, and frankly skill.

Solid card at the time but best ever? Nahhh

Stacked as FUCK
UFC_49_Unfinidhed_Business-1.jpg

49 was definitely up there and an argument certainly could be made!! That was another very stacked card. 5 of the 16 fighters on this card were also on the 52 card. And another card with a staggering 7/8 fights being finishes. Man, those were the days.

I realize that...but none of that changes anything. Those guys are about as vanilla and uncompelling as you can get. The "Best UFC Card" is going to have a lot more dynamism, excitement, and frankly skill.

Solid card at the time but best ever? Nahhh

LOL. Pan Am champ and Olympic silver medalist, and highly world ranked MMA fighter. yeah, no skill. Name one thing in your life you are equally unskilled at.

Lindland was one of the original heels, but I will leave you to your own opinion as to how compelling they were as fighters overall. But what is a historical fact is that at UFC 52, they fought as ranked fighters, and both of their fights were exciting fights that ended with finishes.

Best card I don't know, but Mir crushing Nog's arm and then Machida getting put to sleep by Jones was, without a doubt the best ever main event and co main event combo ever.

Last edited:
LOL. Pan Am champ and Olympic silver medalist, and highly world ranked MMA fighter. yeah, no skill. Name one thing in your life you are equally unskilled at.

Yes, they are skilled at the most boring and uncompelling aspects of MMA. They lack 0 skill in the excitement department.

Lindland was one of the original heels, but I will leave you to your own opinion as to how compelling they were as fighters overall. But what is a historical fact is that at UFC 52, they fought as ranked fighters, and both of their fights were exciting fights that ended with finishes.

Look man, if you think that was the best UFC card ever then who can tell you you're wrong? That's your opinion and your entitled to it. But one should at least be able to understand and appreciate the fact that Matt Lindland and Travis Wiuff just doesn't do it for everyone.

I may be biased but UFC 129 for me. Gsp and Sheilds may have been a let down but seeing Machida, Couture, Aldo, Rory, Nate, And Benson live was incredible.

Maybe not the best, but an overlooked card was 152. Jones,Belfort, DJ, Bisbing, were all champs at some point plus a ton of contenders

Back