Will stem cell treatment be banned by USADA

KillerIsBack V2

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Daniel Cormier and Joe Rogan love doing those, and Luke Rocksalt is gonna get one now since after the injury delay.

Athletes all over have praise a lot lately of how miraculous the recovery is boosted from these sort of treatments.

If anybody here has much deeper knowledge on the matter I'd like to listen.

EDIT: I noticed that there are some minor regulations concerning it :

http://mssportslaw.olemiss.edu/files/2013/05/Noto-p.-1471.pdf

http://www.ipscell.com/2012/08/question-of-the-week-is-there-stem-cell-doping-in-the-olympics/

I can't see this lasting too long, if TRT which is an old people treatment got banned. Though again, I'm not too deep in the scientific aspect of this field. So I'm asking.

That would need some serious digging, better not ask Sherdog. Post a pic of a busty model and ask for comments instead: you'll become popular in no time and then, you can ask your serious questions.

Geez, kids nowadays...

if it involves sticking a needle in you, probably a no go

3342c0eb46a813f5d371546372aa81db.png

south-park-s07e02c13-super-human-irony-16x9.jpg

Like Chael said every medicine is by definition performance enhancing. There's no such thing as non performance enhancing drugs unless if you're taking cyanide pills to anhero the question is where you draw the line and the answer to that is move around until you find an arbitrary point where everyone agrees.

Like Chael said every medicine is by definition performance enhancing. There's no such thing as non performance enhancing drugs unless if you're taking cyanide pills to anhero the question is where you draw the line and the answer to that is move around until you find an arbitrary point where everyone agrees.
Just let them all do everything under the sun.

I'd rather see 2 fire-breathing titans who are made of stone and can teleport, decimate the building around them with each strike, than see Demetrious Johnson out-patty-cake another Tyrion Lannister impersonator again.

The full regimen of a stem cell treatment IS banned.... because it is supposed to be supplemented with HGH, and often steroids. Without accompanying growth-inducing factors, stem cell treatment's effectiveness is severely limited. At least, that is the info from the doctor regarding a torn rotator cuff and subsequent treatment.

I fully expect any athlete using stem cell treatments on torn/tearing joint areas would be easily and legally prescribed steroids and HGH, just don't let USADA know.

That's just Chael trying to make it sound like he's not a disgrace to MMA. The rules are clear and if you break them in an effort to have an advantage over other fighters you are an absolute scumbag and a coward

That's just Chael trying to make it sound like he's not a disgrace to MMA. The rules are clear and if you break them in an effort to have an advantage over other fighters you are an absolute scumbag and a coward

I agree, but Chael has a point. The notions of "performance enhancing" and "fairness/level playing field" are extremely silly. Everything under the sun is performance enhancing including vitamins, and there is no fairness or level playing field in athletics. JJ Watt and I are not on the same level playing field even if I took all the PEDs under the sun, not remotely.

It will be almost impossible to test for the treatment, it's not like some chemical that will leave a trace for months.

And it's a surgery alternative, surgery isn't banned, is that performance enhancing? Well last week you couldn't run sir, so it's unfair that you had ankle surgery to help you.

Meh, abuse it while you can before they find some kind of test for it, it's all about finding every advantage you can anyway.

MMA training is brutal and most guys are probably overtrained as fuck, especially the ones off the sauce. I think most PEDs should be allowed like pre-USADA

if they do, time to remove USADA

Mate, you do realise that too much Caffeine would get you a suspension due to the banned substances list...he has a point.

Food and water increase your performance, does that mean we should ban them as well? What he's saying is that everything you take is good for you, the line of what's unacceptable is just subject to opinion.

Mate, you do realise that too much Caffeine would get you a suspension due to the banned substances list...he has a point.

Food and water increase your performance, does that mean we should ban them as well? What he's saying is that everything you take is good for you, the line of what's unacceptable is just subject to opinion.
Well that's just fucking stupid this is a sport not a philosophy class. I guess that's how Chael rationalizes that it's ok for him to cheat. Most people don't want sports to be turned into science experiments so we oppose the use of steroids and stimulants and other performance enhancing drugs

Considering the NFL and other major sports allow it, I don't see why the USADA should make an exception for MMA.

Well that's just fucking stupid this is a sport not a philosophy class. I guess that's how Chael rationalizes that it's ok for him to cheat. Most people don't want sports to be turned into science experiments so we oppose the use of steroids and stimulants and other performance enhancing drugs
I've never heard him try to rationalize his steroid use. If anything I've only ever heard him poke fun at the fact they didn't catch what he was actually on.

His point is the term "performance enhancing", he's basically saying that everything you take is performance enhancing whether it be food, energy drinks, protein shakes or steroids. Using that as the criteria for why it should be banned is ridiculous because then you have to draw some imaginary line within that criteria as to what is/isn't allowed. If you were to say you can't take anything synthetically created in order to give an athlete an unfair advantage then that would be more accurate, but then you'd have to have other criteria as some of these things are medically necessary. It's all a shit-show of cheating fucks at the end of the day.

I am no expert, but I believe that apart from helping you heal quicker, TRT will also make you faster and stronger.

I don't think stem cells does that. I think it just helps heal injuries.

Back