USADA Should Keep Its Steroid Testing List Secret

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Keep it public knowledge what masking agents, narcotics, etc. that they test for so that fighters can avoid accidentally taking banned substances.

But the actual steroids and prohormones themselves? Don't publish that list. Right now, a fighter can get a steroid and just check to see if it's on the list, right? And if it's not, they can determine they're safe from the tests and feel safe about taking those PEDs, right?

Maybe they'll decide not to risk taking anything since they'll have no idea whether they're safe from the tests or not.

Edit: This would seriously fuck with the ability to plan steroid cycles around tests. It would basically make it impossible. Every camp probably has a guy that helps guys pass tests based on his knowledge of chemistry, steroids, and the drug tests. This would put him out of a job.

Keep it public knowledge what masking agents, narcotics, etc. that they test for so that fighters can avoid accidentally taking banned substances.

But the actual steroids and prohormones themselves? Don't publish that list. Right now, a fighter can get a steroid and just check to see if it's on the list, right? And if it's not, they can determine they're safe from the tests and feel safe about taking those PEDs, right?

Maybe they'll decide not to risk taking anything since they'll have no idea whether they're safe from the tests or not.

Edit: This would seriously fuck with the ability to plan steroid cycles around tests. It would basically make it impossible. Every camp probably has a guy that helps guys pass tests based on his knowledge of chemistry, steroids, and the drug tests. This would put him out of a job.

{<doc}
II refuse to believe someone is this dumb.{<jordan}

{<doc}
?? Well, right now, can't they just read the banned steroid list to see if their steroid or prohormone is on it? And, if it's not, they're good to go roid up provided they keep their t/e levels and whatever else in check?

Isn't that exactly how 9/10 MMA fighters are taking PEDs but only 1/10 fails their tests?

There are like 10000000 different steroids out there. Don't just call me a dumbass. Tell me where I'm wrong.

USADA should say they will no longer do tests and then do immediate test after the event.

There is a bit of subtlety to your trolling from what I've seen. I'll give you that.

giphy.gif

Right now, the fighters have a list of what steroids USADA tests for. If their steroid isn't on the steroid list, they can feel safe about taking it, right?

If USADA doesn't give the fighters that list then no fighter will ever be able to take steroids without worrying.

It'll work in 2 ways:

1) Lots of fighters will simply stop taking steroids because there's no guaranteed way to pass the drug tests anymore.

2) The fighters that keep taking them won't be able to single-out the untestable steroids anymore and take them. They'll have to pick steroids at random, stead. So, the fighters will have no idea whether what they're taking is tested for or not, and so they'll be very likely take the steroids on the secret steroid list. Right now, I think only the stupidest fighters in the sport take steroids on the banned steroids list. The rest -- 90% of fighters -- laugh at the USADA tests.

There is a bit of subtlety to your trolling from what I've seen. I'll give you that.
This is 100% serious.

Tell a drug user that you're going to test for: marijuana, meth, and heroin.

The drug user will just take benzos instead. I think this is how fighters easily pass their steroid tests.

Tell a drug user that you're going to test for drugs, and just leave it that... Drug user is fucked and sweating bullets now.

This is 100% serious.

Tell a drug addict that you're going to test for: marijuana, meth, and heroin.

The drug addict will just take benzos instead.
I think this is how fighters easily pass their steroid tests.

Tell a drug addict that you're going to test for drugs, and just leave it that... Drug addict is fucked and sweating bullets now.

lol, that's not how addiction works. Do you know many addicts?

That's how steroid users can treat their drug tests though, I think. I just replaced "addict" with "user" because that really isn't the point.

There's a lot of assumptions on your arguments.

Can you give us an example of a steroid that is not on the list, and has been widely used by everyone?

Speed limits should also be secret; that way they'd catch a lot more people speeding.

There's a lot of assumptions on your arguments.

Can you give us an example of a steroid that is not on the list, and has been widely used by everyone?
I don't read about this stuff anymore. But a few years back when prohormones were largely legal in the US, there were new prohormones coming onto the market every few weeks. Drug tests didn't exist for them even if WADA wanted to put them onto the list.

every co-worker at the gym that was on steroids was 100% addicted to them and viewed it as a part of who they are as a person. Steroids become part of the user's identity.

I would say they were as addicted to steroids as a heroin addict is to heroin.

{<doc}

You do know that their is new steroids being made, right....Some of them are really damn rare, they don't even know about them thus can't test for them...So theoretically speaking, a fighter could see the list and be like, hmmmmm I guess this steroid isn't on.

That's how steroid users can treat their drug tests though, I think.

I get that you're posting for reaction, but I'll humour you. USADA (acting according to WADA code) puts every single substance they consider a PED on the list so as to ensure that the athletes aren't unaware they're doping (which is a real thing). It's unfair to athlete if they don't know what they can't take, after all.

If the athlete can identify a compound or method that isn't on the list that will give them benefits, well shit, good on them, they're ahead of the game. That has happened, after all. It's getting harder and harder to get ahead of the game, though. That's the way the game is played. I just wasted about two minutes typing that out.

every co-worker at the gym that was on steroids was 100% addicted to them and viewed it as a part of who they are as a person. Steroids become part of the user's identity.

I would say they were as addicted to steroids as a heroin addict is to heroin.

I'm not saying you can't become addicted to steroids. I was saying that a opioid addict (or addicts who use other substances) isn't going to reform in a few days because they hear they're getting drug tested (or drastically change their method of getting high).

I get that you're posting for reaction, but I'll humour you. USADA (acting according to WADA code) puts every single substance they consider a PED on the list so as to ensure that the athletes aren't unaware they're doping (which is a real thing). It's unfair to athlete if they don't know what they can't take, after all.

That's why they should publish the list of other banned substances.

If something is a steroid or a prohormone, though, fighters know they shouldn't be taking it. If not, they're too retarded to fight.

Giving the fighters the list of banned steroids just gives them an easy checklist to see if their steroid is on it or not.

Back