"the old breed couldn't hack it" myth debunked

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
A lot of people here like to say that guys from previous eras couldn't last in todays ufc. Well how about. .

Arlovski vs travis
Overeem is still a top contender
Mark hunt until recently was knocking out guys like struve, bigfoot, etc.
Nog vs shaub
Ortiz vs bader
Marquardt vs woodley
Etc

A couple people managed to evolve.The rest are heavyweights,which is a stagnant and talentless division for the most part...

You gave examples of old champions winning against non champs for the most part, other than Woodley. And Woodley would kill Nate if they fought today. I fucking love the old guard, but there is been an evolution since their time, and most of the champs in their prime wouldn't be able to keep up with todays champs.

Pretty much.

I'll take 05' Fedor over 17' Miocic, 06' Anderson over 17' Bisping, 08' GSP over 17' Woodley, and flip a coin for 09' Penn over 17' Conor.

However, I don't think any LHW of the past touches DC or Jones. Hell, I'd be hard pressed to pick any of them over AJ. Maybe Rampage...maybe.

Cro Cop just won the RIzin GP and he's 42. Fought multiple times a night and KO'd King Mo who is headlining a bellator event vs Rampage.
War Cro Cop

its stupid, Bisping is 38 and the MW champ

some just dont continue to improve, and get left behind.... but I dont buy it that the previous generation couldnt be succesful nowadays

file.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back