Stephen Thompson: "That wasn't me out there"

Venom

Lurker since '09
@Silver
Reaction score
He says if you look back at his previous fights, he threw a lot more kicks, did more angle changes, etc. and that he was "too hesitant" during the fight.

He claims he wasn't the best version of himself but Woodley was, which is a rather weird thing to say.

@ :10 - 1:36

Same old shit. The opponent is never responsible for your indecision, it's always your shortcomings that made you fight differently:

The rematch is a win win, either woodley loses and GOAT GUERNICA lolz or wonderbread loses and GOAT GUERNICA lolZ!
<mma4>
Is good..

#GUERNICAbless

Yeah I noticed he threw wayyyyyyy less kicks against Woodley, but I thought that was because of takedowns?.. I thought that his gameplan was to not throw many kicks because it can make you very vulnerable for takedowns, and Woodley has a pretty fast shot..

Wonder boy fell victim to the white guilt Tyrone spammed him with throughout the camp. It won't happen again.

LMFAO....Wonderboy is so damn fake.

That was you and you got destroyed.

It's funny how the sherdog racist arn't gonna make a huge deal out of this bullshit spewed from the Classic American Boy.

Wonder boy fell victim to the white guilt Tyrone spammed him with throughout the camp. It won't happen again.

Alt-right Thompson beats Woodley 6/10

It's funny how the sherdog racist arn't gonna make a huge deal out of this bullshit spewed from the Classic American Boy.

Shut up Tyron.

Yeah I noticed he threw wayyyyyyy less kicks against Woodley, but I thought that was because of takedowns?.. I thought that his gameplan was to not throw many kicks because it can make you very vulnerable for takedowns, and Woodley has a pretty fast shot..

Thompson had a spy in Woodley's camp telling him not to throw kicks lest Woodley rushes him <JonesLaugh>

I know this isnt wonderboys character but man it would be hilarious if he starts race baiting woodley. Ofc if wonderboy does any of it as a joke SJW will jump on him so fast but it would be funny from a purely comedic purpose.

That was the same Wondergirl that got dropped by Ellenberger

Ahh the 1st crybaby victim has arrived

Wonderboy looked timid, and for good reason. Woodley was sitting back and waiting for Thompson to initiate not allowing Thompson to counter strike. When Thompson's being offensive he's usually vulnerable down the middle and Woodley was waiting for those opportunities all night to blast him with his right hand and well, we all saw what happened.

That being said, you have a natural inclination to fight people with explosive speed and big power with apprehension but that often is the worst thing you can possibly do because those are the last kinds of fighters you can afford to hesitate against. Wonderboy sets his kicks up with his punches and his punches with his kicks...he can't afford to sacrifice one or the other. I felt the kick Woodley caught in round 1 that scored the takedown and lead to...domination ( that first round doesn't get enough credit, it was more than just " a little elbow that cut me" like Thompson said ) was caught because Thompson was throwing his kicks tentatively and without conviction.

In the fight, I saw more things Thompson did wrong and can improve on in the rematch than I did for Woodley, Thompson fought Woodleys fight, although I felt Woodley could have kept looking for the leg kicks and if forced to, could have been more aggressive standing in certain exchanges and more aggressive with setting up takedowns...however Woodley was gassed and getting picked apart in round 5, if he were to have been more aggressive throughout it could have lead to his demise as he would have gassed sooner and also opened himself up to Thompson's strikes more in general & allowed Thompson to more effectively counter strike. but I imagine Woodley is carrying a bit more momentum and confidence into the rematch regardless. Very excited for the rematch, Maia get's next though.

Last edited:
Wonderboy looked timid, and for good reason. Woodley was sitting back and waiting for Thompson to initiate not allowing Thompson to counter strike. When Thompson's being offensive he's usually vulnerable down the middle and Woodley was waiting for those opportunities all night to blast him with his right hand and well, we all saw what happened.

That being said, you have a natural inclination to fight people with explosive speed and big power with apprehension but that often is the worst thing you can possibly do because those are the last kinds of fighters you can afford to hesitate against. Wonderboy sets his kicks up with his punches and his punches with his kicks...he can't afford to sacrifice one or the other. I felt the kick Woodley caught in round 1 that scored the takedown and lead to...domination ( that first round doesn't get enough credit, it was more than just " a little elbow that cut me" like Thompson said ) was caught because Thompson was throwing his kicks tentatively and without conviction.

In the fight, I saw more things Thompson did wrong and can improve on in the rematch than I did for Woodley, Thompson fought Woodleys fight, although I felt Woodley could have kept looking for the leg kicks and if forced to, could have been more aggressive standing in certain exchanges and more aggressive with setting up takedowns...however Woodley was gassed and getting picked apart in round 5, if he were to have been more aggressive throughout it could have lead to his demise as he would have gassed sooner and always opened himself up to Thompson's strikes more in general. but I imagine Woodley is carrying a bit more momentum and confidence into the rematch regardless. Very excited for the rematch, Maia get's next though.

Not bad for a newcomer*

Here's a like.

The fight was a draw Wonderboy is a favorite in the rematch for a reason imo he should be a much bigger favorite woodley has a punchers chance again and that's about it

In the fight, I saw more things Thompson did wrong and can improve on in the rematch than I did for Woodley, Thompson fought Woodleys fight, although I felt Woodley could have kept looking for the leg kicks and if forced to, could have been more aggressive standing in certain exchanges and more aggressive with setting up takedowns...however Woodley was gassed and getting picked apart in round 5, if he were to have been more aggressive throughout it could have lead to his demise as he would have gassed sooner and also opened himself up to Thompson's strikes more in general & allowed Thompson to more effectively counter strike. but I imagine Woodley is carrying a bit more momentum and confidence into the rematch regardless. Very excited for the rematch, Maia get's next though.

Good analysis and I pretty much feel the same on all points.

The fight was a draw Wonderboy is a favorite in the rematch for a reason imo he should be a much bigger favorite woodley has a punchers chance again and that's about it
He's the favorite because of racism...Im sure they are all betting for wonderboy, these are the same people who said that wonderboy would KO Tyron the first time.

Anybody with eyes, know that Tyron is much better...He nearly finished wonderboy, they could've stopped it.

He's the favorite because of racism...Im sure they are all betting for wonderboy, these are the same people who said that wonderboy would KO Tyron the first time.

Anybody with eyes, know that Tyron is much better...He nearly finished wonderboy, they could've stopped it.

Again fight was a draw no domination by either fighter and lines don't get made by public bets so no that's not why Wonderboy is the favorite.

Also leroy not sure if you lost a bet or not but you do know that woman in your av was born a man right?

Back