The Return of Ruthless?

Ridian

Lifelong Combat Sports Fan
@purple
Reaction score
When he returns what do you want to see?

The savage Ruthless that we all know?

Or a more calculated fighter who is a little more careful?

Something else?

Clearly his health is his concern regarding his return so will that change his approach?

l41lHtOfrfjXQDcoo.gif

I just want to see more of these.

He needs to fight before the ring rust mounts up, I'd like to see him fight Lorenz Larkin.

When he returns what do you want to see?

The savage Ruthless that we all know?

Or a more calculated fighter who is a little more careful?

Something else?

Clearly his health is his concern regarding his return so will that change his approach?

Excellent thread... As a fan of his I'm glad he's taken some time off and switched camps...

I think the UFC should give him a #6 to #10 guy for a return fight, then No. 1 contender or title shot if somebody gets injured.

I think the Cowboy fight would be a mistake for Lawler, not saying he won't win, just I think the UFC should give him a slightly easier fight for his return.

Lawlor v. Dong Hyun Kim or Rick Story

Lawyer is getting old and has some hard mileage. He does not have a ton a time left so he needs big fights now - Cowboy, Maia or Condit. If he wins, title fight.

He might not change his approach, but I don't think he would be able to relive the kind of 5 round battles he was fighting the last couple of years.

I would love to see more battles. Although I also want Robbie to be able to remember the fact that he was Champ and that he is very rich.

After the two Hendricks fights and his fight with Rory, I was pretty certain he gave all he had to give career wise ( and brain cells wise ). He barely crawled away with the decision against Condit ( I personally thought he lost ) and I picked Woodley to knock Lawler out inside 3 rounds because of all the recent wars and the just having so many miles from such a long career, he also was getting rocked by punches from Condit that I don't feel would have ever normally rocked Lawler and I attributed that directly to all the recent wars he had been in.

When he comes back, considering all the wars he's recently been in and the layoff I hope they give him a fun but very winnable fight like Alan Jouban or Neil Magny.

Wasn't Lawlers test levels in the Rory fight like 3x normal? I think he's going to be washed up from here on out..

Back