#4 Weidman vs. #5 Mousasi.....What will Vegas open the line at ???

Franklin U.

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
This has been one of the more difficult openers to predict.I think Vegas is going to go in the direction of USADA and the fashion in the way Chris has been finished in previous 2 even with Weidmans wrestling chops..

Mousasi-155
Weidman+135

is what I'm thinking.
Sherdog s thoughts/ predictions (opening line)

I dont think Moose would be the favorite but you have him as a big favourite. Better to take this to the betting threads.

Im thinking -120 Weidman +110 Moose.

With the line shifting closer to evens.

I think Mousasi is better fighter but itll be opposite with Weidman being the favorite based on popularity.

If Weidman ends up the underdog I'm definitely putting something on him.

I dont think Moose would be the favorite but you have him as a big favourite. Better to take this to the betting threads.

-155 Is a big favorite ????

Yea I don't think Mousasi is going to be the favourite. I'd say Weidman -165

I think Mousasi is better fighter but itll be opposite with Weidman being the favorite based on popularity.

But also accomplishments in the UFC?

Moose has accomplised a lot outside of the UF but always fell at the larger hurdles in the UFC.

They are only so close in rank because the division falls off a bit after Weidman

Chris has fought the better guys and actually wins against some top competition. Mousasi is 1-1 with Uriah Hall and lost to any top guy he fought

Weidman -300

This happens every time Mousasi gets a couple of wins, some people go nuts with praise for him and think that he's a top 3 fighter. He isn't. The last time this happened he got completely murked by Jacare.

I think Mousasi should be a slight favorite and I think he will finally breakthrough now that he's more aggressive and just letting everything go. Even in Weidman's last win he looked vulnerable. Opponents have figured out that if Weidman can't out-muscle you and dictate how the fight goes, he loses

Weidman -300

This happens every time Mousasi gets a couple of wins, some people go nuts with praise for him and think that he's a top 3 fighter. He isn't. The last time this happened he got completely murked by Jacare.

Jacare is a beast, he'd beat Weidman.

Jacare is a beast, he'd beat Weidman.
Even then Weidman's showed that he's capable going toe to toe with Rockhold and Romero. Mousasi's best win was against Vitor Belfort, who retired right after. If he beats Weidman, then he really is better than he seems. But until then, he hasn't done enough in my book to warrant being a top guy.

Even then Weidman's showed that he's capable going toe to toe with Rockhold and Romero. Mousasi's best win was against Vitor Belfort, who retired right after. If he beats Weidman, then he really is better than he seems. But until then, he hasn't done enough in my book to warrant being a top guy.

Interesting... Vitor still has 1 more fight though against Gastellum. Mousasi has looked great of recent, is their fight 3 or 5 rounds?

This would be my guess.

MMA fans seem incapable of adjusting for quality of competition.

Vegas will probably have it something like this

Weidman -125
Mousasi +140

It really should be is something more like

Weidman - 240
Mousasi +180

Vitor isn't retired, he's fighting gastelum.

This would be my guess.

MMA fans seem incapable of adjusting for quality of competition.

I know I see it all the time. It's very concerning.

Weidman -300

That's just not going to ohappen...No iv alone drops Chris as a fave in a significant manner...The most I see would be -160 either way.

Back