What can UFC do to give 155 belt some credibility?

Make Conor's belt the interim belt or: Wait for him to lose to Khabib and watch him be forced to work his way through the lightweight division.

I prefer the latter.

Last edited:
Have khabib smash Conor and put this #1 bullshit ducker to rest

The winner of Khabib - Ferguson will make it legit when he beats Conor and defends.

Just pray Conor Kardashian makes that transition to reality TV so the division can move on with a real belt and a champion that actually defends his 'title'.

I don't think that's one of their priorities

Seeing it defended against the interim champ in a timely manner would be a start. Conor taking any other fight when he returns besides a title defense against the interim champ will be unacceptable. But we really should wait to bitch about that until it actually happens.

But to be clear, I do believe that him yet again avoiding a title defense is exactly what will happen. We'll just have to wait and see.

When Khabib beats both Ferguson and Conor, it will be the most legit belt among all divisions.

Seeing as its a joke right now with Conor carrying it
Seems legit to me. Great title eliminator March 4th then fight the champ in the fall. If Conor decides to fight someone else hope they strip the belt. Should be that simple IMO. Lots of killer fights at LW.

It's the most sought after belt in MMA right now. Conor made it the most legitimate belt in the sport.

The winner of Khabib - Ferguson will make it legit when he beats Conor and defends.
Listening to other fighters talk, it seems like the consensus is Khabib is the fighter to beat at 155.

Khabib and Tony both have longer winning streaks than Conor, not only in the division, but in the UFC.

Based on this fact, their fight is the real title belt for me.

I like Conor because I don't think he can ever be in a boring fight, but I am not sold on him as a next level fighter (Nate beat him easily, the first fight wasn't close in my estimation).

He has to beat Khabib in my opinion. I think he can, but I need to see it happen this year.

Just pray Conor Kardashian makes that transition to reality TV so the division can move on with a real belt and a champion that actually defends his 'title'.
Did you call teh GOAT?! Well GOAT GUERNICA is here, and I agree that mcTapper will have a very short reign. The UFC can't protect their boy forever.

#GUERNICAbless

Connor took the belt from Eddie a month ago in a spectacular fashion!
And he fought really often in 2016 and 2015, really few fighters can boast his
accomplishements in such a short period of time!
How is his belt not credible FFS?

Is he sitting 1,5 year injured like Cain?

Stop bitching, allready.

Why is it a joke? He beat the champion, not like it was a vacant belt. He's the linear champion at FW and LW whether you like it or not.

Back