They need to market Amanda Nunes more, could be a huge star.

brainwash

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I personally think she is very marketable.

A lesbian "I am a strong independent women that ain't need no man" is the perfect cup of tea that the feminism movement would enjoy. She is te hero that all women deserves.

She's a badass and the "lioness" thing is very cool. Plus, she is humble and doesn't have the Ronda Rousey attitude. I am sure there's a lot of feminist that were turned off with Rousey's antics and want a real character like Amanda Nunes to root for.

Why when she already said she's done after 2-3 more fights?

She already headlined UFC 200.....and destroyed Ronda rousey.

Both were 1 million + PPV buys

I never understood why Sherdog marketing experts aren't making millions tbh.

i don't understand why being a lesbian would help her to becoming a star.

I want to bee promotee by the Oo Ef See.I believee i can bee huge star.I also play golfee!

Might help if her last name was Silva like 50% of all other Brazilians

I never understood why Sherdog marketing experts aren't making millions tbh.
yea, exactly... totally a multi-millionaire marketing opportunity to push "I am a strong independent women that ain't need no man" gimmick right here, as ts said.

<45>

Has it been 100% confirmed she is not a Fallon fox type wmma fighter?

Absolutely impossible to market. relatable to a very small target audience.

Yes lets invest in the woman who already has said she dont care about the spotlight and plans to retire after 2 or 3 fights.

That actress already said it at those movie's awards: mma isn't followed by liberals, as she herself used mma as an example of something antagonistic to her thoughts. I don't think she would atract feminists; and I don't see a feminist watching sports at all.

Yeah.

But it's not going to fly and here's why.

She's an overachiever and a hardworker.

And feminism is about getting benefits via constant whining and complaining instead of hard work.

I'm sure that feminism will find many things in Amanda to dislike, but the root cause is this -- she's a hardworker.

The UFC doesn't know how to promote fighters (of any race), let alone non-White champions who can't speak English. She has to continue winning in impressive fashion, and make the fans focus on her skills rather than her nationality and ability to speak English.

This is how all non-White champions who can't speak English become fan favorites. By winning impressively.

Look at Francis Ngannou. He is getting a little bit of buzz from the fans. So, why doesn't the UFC set-him up like Conor and Ronda? Why isn't Dana all over the media talking about Francis Ngannou? That is what he did for Conor and Ronda. I learned about Conor and Ronda through Dana White, not their fights.

Instead, Francis Ngannou has to keep winning impressively, and when the fans buy into his skill, the UFC will then go full force with the promotion.

It is not a coincidence that, in general, fighters that Dana White likes and speaks highly of, are also the fan favorites. So, why doesn't Dana use his influence to sell every single fighter on the roster? Instead, he shows BLATANT favoritism that makes certain fighters "unmarketable."

The UFC doesn't know how to create stars. They wait for the fans to chose who is a star, instead of telling the fans, this fighter is a star. The only time I remember the UFC selling a fighter as a "star" before they even fought in the UFC, was with Ronda and Conor.

I really get tired of calls for UFC to just "market" someone as if it's that easy. In her case she's been making some mainstream media appearances and she's been on three straight cards that did 1M+. She's had more exposure than almost anyone at this point. If she can't get extra eyes on her moving forward, it's hard to put blame on the UFC for that.

I really get tired of calls for UFC to just "market" someone as if it's that easy. In her case she's been making some mainstream media appearances and she's been on three straight cards that did 1M+. She's had more exposure than almost anyone at this point. If she can't get extra eyes on her moving forward, it's hard to put blame on the UFC for that.
Bravo. Some people have no real interest in being that person for the UFC. Robbie Lawler is never gonna be that guy. Neither is Dan henderson. Those guys arent gonna give soundbites or kiss babies. They are fighters,and thats it. You cant manufacture charisma. You either got it,or you dont.

Men spend money on mma. Nunes needs male fans and haters. She's screwed basically.

Now watch how quickly Waterson blows up if she dethrones that polish troll.

Some fighters just have it and some don't. Its that simple.

if she she dethrones that polish troll.

By Gad,I demand satisfaction! My seconds will call on you today!

1.jpg

Back