Giblert thinking about fighting at featherweight

WhoIsYou

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
“Until I book a fight at 145, I can’t really confirm that, but yeah, that’s my goal right now. I’m trying to slim up. I’m really trying to diet and lose this fat around the belly a little bit more and really maximize my body’s potential. Once I get to that point, which should be in the next few weeks, I’ll really be able to make that jump and make that big decision. That’s my goal, is to make 145. That’s what I’m working on right now at this point.”

Source: http://www.mmamania.com/2017/1/23/1...ng-drop-featherweight-eyes-ufc-title-shot-mma

Might have some interesting matchups for him but I'm not too crazy about this move if he makes it.

Sometimes cutting weight isn't the answer. I expect this to be Anthony Pettis part 2.

Sometimes cutting weight isn't the answer. I expect this to be Anthony Pettis part 2.

Likely. We'll see. He lacks a killer instinct and cutting weight wont fix that.

I'm personally getting really tired of fighters dropping, or trying to drop below their natural, or usual weight division. They're already cutting big weight.

It's akin to the average 12 year old losing fights to other 12 year olds. So, he decides to start taking on the 8, or 9 year olds.

Lame as fuck.

Another steroid user with a negative record after being busted

Gib said he felt slow/old against Pettis. 145 isn't the division to run to when you're feeling slow and old.

Maybe this will get him back on track. WAR Giblert!!!

Gib said he felt slow/old against Pettis. 145 isn't the division to run to when you're feeling slow and old.

Maybe he thinks feeling slow and strong beats feeling slow against opponents of comparable strength.

Aldo destroys him worse than Barboza did.

I think it's worth a try, but I give it a 50/50 chance of working to his favor. Why not. If he loses he can say it's the weight class and come right back up without it hurting his chances of staying in the UFC...Not that his chances are hurt now, but I feel a loss there wouldn't be as scrutinized due to the new experience if the weight cut

I'm surprised he's still planning on scrapping! Hope it works out well for him, that's a pretty big change

I'm personally getting really tired of fighters dropping, or trying to drop below their natural, or usual weight division. They're already cutting big weight.

It's akin to the average 12 year old losing fights to other 12 year olds. So, he decides to start taking on the 8, or 9 year olds.

Lame as fuck.

Interesting logic there. I'd liken it to someone who is heavier fighting someone who is smaller... Because that's exactly what they're doing.

Let's see what Yair's got. Great main event for a Mexican card.

The Usada diets aren't working out to well. Seems as though a small percentage of guys dropping to a lower weight class find success. 145 is a murderers row and the speed advantage down there compared to 155 seems significant.

I'm all for guys doing whatever their body is capapble of, but I don't feel like being too small for his division was ever his problem. It made sense for Edgar to cut because size was starting to become an issue. It made sense for DC to go to 205, because despite being perfect at HW, he was definitely being made to fight the other man's mass rather than his skill. That's not really a problem for Gil.

I'm surprised he's still planning on scrapping! Hope it works out well for him, that's a pretty big change
Upnaln0.png

He always carried around a little bit of weight. Lets see how his body responds to a lower BF%

Back