How is this possible Souza vs Boetsch?

Thc Sargon

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
This is ridiculous, Souza is a top 5 fighter and lost only once since joining the UFC. Tim isn't even a top 10 fighter, probably not even a top 15 fighter.

Why would he take this? Just to stay active?

inb4 Op late to the party
inb4 this thread is terrible.

Screen_shot_2012-02-10_at_11.25.26_PM.png

Jacare isn't on his 20s, we should be pleased to see him fight 3 times a year. Is not his fault UFC is doing terrible matchmakings lately and the legit opponents are pulling out most of the time

Cause camozzi was busy that day

He should've fought for the title years ago.

Ufc is fucking him.

no one here disagrees with you TS. but no one here knows whether it's Souza's doing or UFC's doing.

Souza signed a fight with Rockhold, but it was cancelled. so we have reason to believe Souza will take on any tough challenge, suggesting that either UFC doesn't want him fighting other top fighters, or other top fighters declined.

This is ridiculous, Souza is a top 5 fighter and lost only once since joining the UFC. Tim isn't even a top 10 fighter, probably not even a top 15 fighter.

Might be a combo of a few things -- Jacare knew he wasn't getting the title shot next, wanted to stay active and Boetsch was on a short-list of those available and may have been the only one to take the fight. I took a look at the rankings, so we have
C Bisping most likely fighting #1 Romero in the late spring,
#2 Rock is injured.
#3 Jacare
#4 Weidman fighting #5 Moose.
#6 Whittaker ??
#7 Silva fighting #8 Brunson
#9 Vitor fighting #10 Gas
#11 Jotko??
#12 Hall ??
#13 Boetsch

You answered your own question its called a tune up fight.

He should've fought for the title years ago.

Ufc is fucking him.
Well the scenario was supposed to be the 4-man mini-tourney for a shot at Bisping -- Weidman vs Romero at 205 and Jacare vs Rockhold in Australia. I thought they would either have the winners of the two fights then fight each other for #1 contender spot, or just take the most convincing winner of the two. Romero won and Rockhold got injured, and Jacare hasn't been matched up yet. I don't think it's a deliberate move on the UFC's part to railroad Jacare. he was on a tear until he met Romero.

Because its going to be easy money. Boetsch doesn't stand a chance.

Easy, the UFC doesn't want him as champ, not marketable

Because nobody wants him. Everyone not named Camozzi is scared.

he is getting shafted by the ufc. but, losing to romero set him back a step.

Bisping is making the crown jewel division of the UFC into a comedy show....ufc 199 , rockhold drops the ball and I quote - Bisping " I'll fight anyone, anywhere on 3 days notice or 5 minutes notice....

Romero-----nah, he had cheated
Jacare------nah, I'm nursing an injury.
Mousasi----bisping mousasi is bad for business....

During his current 5 fight win streak, only his title fluke/win is his only impressive win...

He'll get impeached before Trump.

Back