Justice Fights

Concrete Whale

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In an era of ever more corrupt matchmaking with 'money fights', 'needle moving' matchups and delegitimsed belts this is a concept which needs to be introduced.

These are the fights that may not make the most sense in terms of PPV and gate numbers, hype, building records of prospects or moving people's careers forward, waiting for a TS etc but which just need to happen for honour and propriety and in some cases, revenge.

Here are a few I'd recommend

McGregor vs Diaz rubber match
McGregor vs Aldo
Rousey vs Cyborg
Browne vs Rothwell
Joanna vs Bullet
Stipe vs Struve

Jon Jones vs. Matt Hamill.

I think they need to clear the air on that one.

In an era of ever more corrupt matchmaking with 'money fights', 'needle moving' matchups and delegitimsed belts this is a concept which needs to be introduced.

These are the fights that may not make the most sense in terms of PPV and gate numbers, hype, building records of prospects or moving people's careers forward, waiting for a TS etc but which just need to happen for honour and propriety and in some cases, revenge.

Here are a few I'd recommend

McGregor vs Diaz rubber match
McGregor vs Aldo
Rousey vs Cyborg

Browne vs Rothwell
Joanna vs Bullet
Stipe vs Struve

What is this, an opposite day?

Ronda Vs Cyborg.She will dish out some sweet justice for all the things Ronda has said over the years!

Batman vs Superman 2
Flash vs Aquaman
Wonder woman vs cyborg

I mean, if you want justice fights...

What is this, an opposite day?
I think it might officially be WTF Day.

Fuck it, I'm taking the rest of the day off.

Didn't know it was a holiday.

Batman vs Superman 2
Flash vs Aquaman
Wonder woman vs cyborg

I mean, if you want justice fights...

We could've had Batman vs. Joker years ago, forgot the spelling of their real names.

We also had Superman vs. Doomsday.

Honour, and propriety ? What are those ?

A champion avenging a title loss, is one of the only fights worth talking about in this regard. Or possibly a TS that a fighter lost at least a year, or two before. Preferably the person they lost to, still being the champ. Because if it's just a regular run of the mill fight. What's the point in doing it again.

For example sake...

GSP vs Hughes ll, and lll.
Serra vs GSP ll.
GSP vs Penn ll.

McGregor vs Aldo ll ( The reason is obvious. But, it's NEVER happening because, well... It's Conor ).

Cruz vs MM ll ( The one I wanted to see the most. The stakes would have been even higher. It would have been a true Super Fight to avenge a loss, and make MM a TRUE simultaneous two weight champion ).

You could probably even throw Stipe vs Struve ll in there if you really wanted to. But, it's not necessary, imo. The reason is the current rankings. Struve is number 11. And the original fight was more than four years ago...The only way I want to see this fight is if Stipe avenges the loss to JDS first. It would then be Stipe's only unavenged loss.

Which brings me to...

Stipe vs JDS ll... It is much more legit, imo. Champion avenging a loss to, a similarly ranked opponent. Makes all kinds of sense.

I sure as fuck never needed to see Nate vs Conor ll. And a trilogy at WW would be the BIGGEST bunch of bullshit ever. Especially since Conor will just use it to duck defending...AGAIN.

Bisping vs Hendo ll was epic bullshit, and NEVER should have happened. Not with those guys at the top all getting fucked over for earned title shots. A huge black eye on Bisping, and the UFC.

These were just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are more that make sense. But they have to actually make sense. Especially if you're talking about current champions.

If you're just talking about regular fighters, and non-title fights...IDGAF. Fight eachother 5 fucking times if you want. But, I won't be watching.

No love for Martian Manhunter??? Dafuq.
I love Martian manhunter! He was gonna be my last minute surprise fight against green lantern like Brock was for UFC 200 against hunt. Cover blown...

Back