Why is it that proven fighters get no credit and unproven fighters get undeserved credit.

Captain obvious1

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
It baffles me that fighters like DC, Conor, Ronda get little respect here well DC not as much but.
And Fighters like Kabib, Perry, Ferguson, while have talent are not proven winners at a championship level.
Can someone make sense of this for me.

Khabib and Ferguson have proven their high level skills. Mike Perry is just a fighter that some on here obsess over to troll others.

DC, Conor and Ronda get little respect due to their personalities. They act entitled and better than they really are. I think everyone knows that Ronda is very skilled on the ground and Conor is very skilled on the feet. DC is good all around but hasn't beaten Jon Jones so his credibility as champion just isn't as high as it would be otherwise.

You had me until you said conor.. Are you kidding me the guy is hyped up as a 3 division champ ffs

Khabib and Ferguson have proven their high level skills. Mike Perry is just a fighter that some on here obsess over to troll others.

DC, Conor and Ronda get little respect due to their personalities. They act entitled and better than they really are. I think everyone knows that Ronda is very skilled on the ground and Conor is very skilled on the feet. DC is good all around but hasn't beaten Jon Jones so his credibility as champion just isn't as high as it would be otherwise.
Preach

Why was Michael Brown a martyr for the BLM movement but not Eric Gardner?

people like putting faith in the unknown

It baffles me that fighters like DC, Conor, Ronda get little respect here well DC not as much but.
And Fighters like Kabib, Perry, Ferguson, while have talent are not proven winners at a championship level.

Ferguson, a guy on an 8 fight win streak, who just beat the brakes off of RDA isn't a proven winner?

I remember back when Roy Nelson was knocking out guys like Schaub and Struve while Ben Rothwell had to debut against Cain and got destroyed...even though Rothwell had not so long ago beat Roy, Sherdoggers acted as if Nelson was leagues above Ben. Such is the way of the MMA fan.

Ferguson, a guy on an 8 fight win streak, who just beat the brakes off of RDA isn't a proven winner?

Yeah that RDA win was the next level, you can't possibly doubt Ferguson now unless your criticism of him is that he's not invincible and might lose to a fellow elite.

Tony and Khabib not proven ?

2015%2B-%2B1

No, I'm talking about skill respect. Where Conor, Ronda And DC are proven champions regardless of what people think of them personally. Don't get me wrong Kabib and Tony are vary talented but getting to much credit without winning anything significant yet. More so about Kabib then Tony. And Conors just a super confindent guy with a huge personality.

No, I'm talking about skill respect. Where Conor, Ronda And DC are proven champions regardless of what people think of them personally. Don't get me wrong Kabib and Tony are vary talented but getting to much credit without winning anything significant yet. More so about Kabib then Tony. And Conors just a super confindent guy with a huge personality.

Khabib and Tony have both proven to be LW elite with their skills. They are defeating the best in the world on the way up to facing one another for the title shot. They have proven and shown the skill level of champions with Tony's striking, heart and submission skills and Khabib's insane wrestling and ground and pound.

The opponents they have defeated are among some of the best in the world and you should understand that accomplishing all of those wins on this level is extremely difficult against such dangerous fighters.

Yeah that RDA win was the next level, you can't possibly doubt Ferguson now unless your criticism of him is that he's not invincible and might lose to a fellow elite.

Nobody is invincible, and sure Tony might lose to another elite fighter. But that's not a knock against him. To set the bar that a fighter needs to look like Aldo pre-Conor, or Jones, or GSP in order to be considered proven at the elite level is just crazy talk.

C'mon - do you really have to ask? It's money.

It's been like this since I can remember. There was an old meme about it too.

if you can cut a promo you are proven.

You have no clue what you're talking about.

if Conor didn't get respected on here there wouldn't be 1000+ threads made per day about him. You can't support that many threads if everyone's on one side of the argument. Conor is definitely respected.

DC also, and maybe you weren't around when he was tossing HW's about, but many here thought he would've been the HW champion if Cain wasn't, and that if they'd fought Daniel would've schooled him.

I don't even know why I'm bothering.....

even though it's a blatant troll thread about Mike Perry (like usual) even he gets way more criticism than praise on here, so really you struck out completely with every name on your list.

Whats wrong with being fans of fighters that seem to have a lot of potential? Remember when Jones was tearing through low-mid level competition? All people used to say was he hasn't beaten anybody of note and look where he is now. Similarly Mike Perry seems to have immense potential with 9 KO's in 10 fights. Khabib is like 24-0, and people still criticize him. Ferguson is on one hell of a winning streak. I must say it is quite a weak thread.

Back