Rampage Jackson Legacy

george14

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I know he is in Bellator, but do you guys see his legacy having improved since his run in that company? Obviously he is past his prime and now is fighting as a heavyweight. He is 4-0 in Bellator and facing King Mo in a rematch. Is this just a gimmick for him? Or do you see a legacy boost if he wins a title or continues to beat some upper class fighters? Will his work (or lackethereof) in Bellator push him above other LHW legends such as Wandy, Chuck, Randy, etc, etc?

To me, it's kind of similar to Fedor. Even if he beats some nice names, nothing will really boost his legacy unless he has a substantial win or major title.

Beating King Mo again adds nothing to his legacy. Then again, there aren't really many fights for him in Bellator that do.

His legacy hasn't improved since beating Dan Henderson. It has gotten worse the longer he has kept fighting but he is still a top 5 GOAT LHW.

I know he is in Bellator, but do you guys see his legacy having improved since his run in that company? Obviously he is past his prime and now is fighting as a heavyweight. He is 4-0 in Bellator and facing King Mo in a rematch. Is this just a gimmick for him? Or do you see a legacy boost if he wins a title or continues to beat some upper class fighters? Will his work (or lackethereof) in Bellator push him above other LHW legends such as Wandy, Chuck, Randy, etc, etc?

He's already above those 2.

Quinton is a top 5 all-time LHW

You racist AF is you disagree

Hes a top 5 and definitely over Chuck, Tito, and Randy imo.

He beat Igor, Randleman, Bustamante, rekt'd prime chuck 2x, Arona, Murilo Rua, Lindland, Henderson, Silva, Machida, etc. not to mention winning the lhw title.

No legacy boost for him in bellator. For a short time he was a top fighter but quite a few names above him at LHW imo

Hes a top 5 and definitely over Chuck, Tito, and Randy imo.

He beat Igor, Randleman, Bustamante, rekt'd prime chuck 2x, Arona, Murilo Rua, Lindland, Henderson, Silva, Machida, etc. not to mention winning the lhw title.
lol@ giving him the machida win. not even rampage thinks he won that fight

lol@ giving him the machida win. not even rampage thinks he won that fight

Point? I'm intelligent enough to form my own opinions. Machida only won a single round.

I'd say lhw goes jones, dc, chuck, wand, rampage, shogun.... rampage is one of my fav fighters so I might be a little biased..

But on topic similar to fedor his legacy is cemented and nothing at this point can change that... let them make some dough

Always been a Rampage fan but he shouldn't have taken the Lawal rematch imo. Rampage is old now, has shot knees, looked stiff and terrible vs. Iishi and out of the two Mo is the fresher fighter and younger guy. I think Rampage saw Mo vs Cro Cop fight and thinks he can do the same thing to him, but I doubt it. Good wins, defended his lhw UFC belt and been a fan favorite for a long time. His legacy is intact and he's still a draw. Top 5 lhw for sure.

I love when Machinda fanboys use the "but Rampage thought he lost" argument. You do realize the number one thing fighters say after a fight is, "I'll have to go watch the fight." When they are in the octagon it's a blur. Using Rampage's immediate reaction after the fight as evidence makes you look like a moron.

Not sure of his era who really is the best LHW. He needs to be ahead of Chuck, and Hendo IMO

But Shogun and Wandy have wins on him, he does have one on Wandy. But overall legacy not sure they are better than him though.. Wandy never won a belt in the UFC.

It's on the rocks considering him and mo's next fight will have a 50% chance of being a work. Bellator is tainted.

He's already above those 2.

Quinton is a top 5 all-time LHW

You racist AF is you disagree

I wasnt saying he was behind those guys. It was open ended as to what people think. I would agree with you.

The old Rampage has been dead for awhile.

His out of shape body shows how he has lost the fire to be the best. He is just making his rounds to grab the money while he still can. Just like Fedor.

He's had an excellent career but he's just showing up for the pay days now. I don't hold that against him at all, he used to be one of my favorites, I'm glad Bellator is paying him.

Back