Dan Hardy gives the fixed claims some credibility

paddy_da_pikey

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Dan Hardy is a well respected vet and on the actual UFC payroll straight up calling the Ortiz vs Sonnen fight a fix. This is different than a UFC fighter calling the fight a fix as they are not employed per se but Hardy is one of the voices of the UFC (also a very good friend with Daley who was at the fight) and I very much wonder how Bellator will respond to this now its growing in attention with the type of names who are raising this

****EDIT - Hardy just appeared on the MMA Hour and backtracked at 100mph - clearly he has been spoken to from above about the severity of what he is saying even though he genuinely believed it hes been told to publicly take back what he said****

Last edited:
Chael just looked useless off his back against someone who's bigger/stronger, same as a lot of older wrestlers. Didn't seem fixed to me.

was the most obvious work i've ever seen. they didn't even try too hard to hide it IMO.

Still remember this?

They both talk and act like washed up pro wrestlers and given the type of show Bellator runs these days, would it really shock you to hear that the fight was fixed? Gun to my head I say it's not fixed but I just wouldn't be surprised.

For the record I dont think it was a 'work' rather a 'thrown' fight - I dont think he trained for it, I dont think he had much interest in it and his sole goal was to get record ratings - that is Sonnens win, the ratings and thats what he will get paid off (note his disclosed money was only $50k)

A few seconds in and I thought the fight looked off.. by then end I was pretty sure I just watched a pro wrestling match.

I thought Tito was going to win, similarly to how he did, and the fight still seemed weird.

so just for context, what other fights are you pretty sure are (less obvious) works?
I've had my doubts about a few fights in the ufc (including a recent title fight as a matter of fact), but I'm not going to go into detail. I like my account the way it is. :)

I didnt see a fix. It looked like chael didnt train for it and was undersized. Tito would have been able to do whatever he wanted.

Dan Hardy is a well respected vet and on the actual UFC payroll straight up calling the Ortiz vs Sonnen fight a fix. This is different than a UFC fighter calling the fight a fix as they are not employed per se but Hardy is one of the voices of the UFC (also a very good friend with Daley who was at the fight) and I very much wonder how Bellator will respond to this now its growing in attention with the type of names who are raising this

Was a fix IMO. Feel good story Tito wins retirement fight. Whole fight seemed choreographed. Chael can now fight Wanderlei in a fight that will sell so no hurt to his stock.

This isn't the first Bellator fight that has looked like a work to me...Shamrock's looked suspect as well...

Yeah the whole thing stinks.

Thats why we dont take Bellator seriously.

and the fact that Cheal was the fav by the bookies makes it even more tempting for someone of Cheal character to take advantage of the situation.

I doubt we will ever truly know the truth besides that Bellator is a circus.

He's right. Bellator has no shame and will give Chael a fight whenever he wants. Just like like Royce and just like Ken. They're the best at turning a blind eye at the obvious.

Dan Hardy is a UFC employee. Surprise, surprise, he's taking a dig at his employers' closest competitor. A lot of people don't get how promotion works indeed.

Back