Why not maia vs jacare

Hardcor'O'Death

Accurate Ranker
@Brown
Reaction score
they will never ger their title shot, throw them each against each other, it would look way more legit than any interim fight we've seen for a while.I think the ufc preffer champion with standing background

death style matchup for Maia
better BJJ player prime for prime, better wrestler, bigger, more athletic, better striker, faster, more power, more diverse

Jacare by jab clinic

they will never ger their title shot, throw them each against each other, it would look way more legit than any interim fight we've seen for a while.I think the ufc preffer champion with standing background
Romero is on a better run and has beat Jacare, Romero deserves the next shot. Woodley vs Thompson was a draw so an immediate rematch made the most sense.

Last time i checked, Maia was WW and Jacare was MW, do i forget something...?

Can we involve Cerrone somehow?

Seriously though, even if it was established the fight would be at a catchweight, doing that fight would be less beneficial for everyone involved than literally doing nothing at all.

UFC has 2 ready made contenders who have decent win streaks and records against their divisions, and can headline 2 pay-per-views with both men. If you put them against each other, and one loses, you have just thrown money out the window by snapping a win streak that would sell more tickets than having to make either guy start from scratch.

People like the movie better if you don't pull the curtain back, ya know?

In a BJJ match I'd give Maia an advantage seeing how he's already beaten Jacare a couple times in BJJ.

But in an actual fight Maia gets killed. People like Jacare are the reason Maia dropped to 170.

In a BJJ match I'd give Maia an advantage seeing how he's already beaten Jacare a couple times in BJJ.

But in an actual fight Maia gets killed. People like Jacare are the reason Maia dropped to 170.
I always thought they were 1-1.

I'd pick Jacare to win a decision, but I'd still love to see how it'd go down in mma.

COULD be fun to watch...if it hit the floor. I'd give slight advantage to Jacare there. Man, would be something though...

I always thought they were 1-1.

I'd pick Jacare to win a decision, but I'd still love to see how it'd go down in mma.

You are right it is 1-1, FIrst match which wasn't documented won by Souza, Maia won the second one.

Different weight classes.

Just for a fun fight thought think Souza too: big strong explosive.

Back