Will Edgar become A champ?

UL

no more yellows
Banned
Reaction score
At 35/45/55 again

What ya think?

I think he has excellent chance against conor

His window has probably closed. Didn't he get hurt by Stephens?

Nah. Maybe at 35. 45 and 55 are too old

Stylistically and on paper he is a bad matchup for Conor. But I could actually see Conor beating him to a decision if not KO him. But Conor would never give him the fight.

I do think he would do well against Cody if he can maintain as much size at possible at 135.

Again people suggest that frankie can beat conor?His dick will not be the only thing hurting if he fights Conor!

He needs to be a welterweight, he would be the only guy has a better wrestling than Tyron in welterweight division and he can be the champ there very easily. #WarEdGod

At 135 his only chance and I give the guy enormous respect cause he couldve dropped a while ago and taken belt from barao-tj-Cruz and now cody.

If Aldo leaves 145 for good then he could absolutely beat anyone at the top of 145.

I also think it would be super interesting if Frankie dropped to 135 to fight Dom, TJ, or Garbrandt.

Conor won't ever fight Frankie Edgar. He's ducked him since 2014. Plus Fergy and Khabib are too big and lengthy for him at 155.

I doubt it. he'll never get by aldo at FW, and at this point in his career he's too small for LW to be competitive.

I've said this in other threads before - he doesn't get near enough credit for having captured the LW belt. you could make an argument that he was the most under-sized champ in history, at any weight class.

and yes, this is the part where all the butt-hurt BJ fans chime in with "he didn't win the 1st fight so wasn't legit".

I doubt it. he'll never get by aldo at FW, and at this point in his career he's too small for LW to be competitive.

I've said this in other threads before - he doesn't get near enough credit for having captured the LW belt. you could make an argument that he was the most under-sized champ in history, at any weight class.

and yes, this is the part where all the butt-hurt BJ fans chime in with "he didn't win the 1st fight so wasn't legit".
He beat one of the biggest LW the ufc had

Henderson

Yeah, on paper, he's 0-2 but he definitely should have won the last fight

He won't be at 55, the competition there is too good now, at 145, he won't unless aldo leaves, his best chance is 135.

At 135 his only chance and I give the guy enormous respect cause he couldve dropped a while ago and taken belt from barao-tj-Cruz and now cody.

No he can't, not now. The lower the weight class, the harder it is for a 35+ year old (Edgar) to do well. The same goes for fighters with chronic injuries (Cruz) or a lot of mileage (Edgar again).

I wish he would've dropped about 3-4 years ago and fought Cruz and/or Barao. However, Cody will be too quick for him. Look at Faber, Cruz, BJ and others for more evidence of this. I think a 30-year old Edgar would beat Cody, though. But just a slight drop in speed is a huge detriment at FW and below.

Back