Anderson Silva: The UFC is more worried about entertainment, not martial arts.

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
After WME-IMG paid over four billion dollars to purchase the company from Lorenzo and Frank Fertitta, the Brazilian star, who hasn't yet fought under the new owners, believes the UFC is going in a different direction.

"I think they just took a big risk because the face of the UFC was always Dana (White) and Lorenzo,” Silva recently told Brazilian TV show Combate News. "When you don’t have Dana and Lorenzo, the good cop and the bad cop, it’s kind of up in the air. But let’s be positive. I believe everything will be alright."

“The Spider” is optimistic, but believes that the way WME-IMG views the sport is the reason why fighters like
Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza haven’t gotten a shot at the UFC championship yet.

"It’s a company that is worried about entertainment. It’s not a company with a history in martial arts, the philosophy of the fight,” Silva said. "That’s one of the reasons why ‘Jacare' is not fighting for the title because, for them, it’s not something profitable, that will bring the entertainment they need.

"This is what they did their entire lives, work with entertainment. We have to understand that. It’s hard because we think about the martial arts, what is correct. For the show, some fights make sense and others don’t. They end up losing some fans but gain some.

"I think they are trying to make it more entertainment and and less martial arts,” he added. "MMA doesn’t have the martial art philosophy, but it's becoming less sport and turning into entertainment.”

Silva guarantees that regaining the UFC title is not a priority. But if he gets a shot at the belt and beats Bisping in a rematch, he would just hand the title back to the UFC and leave the division.

"If I fought for the title and won, I’d leave the division,” “The Spider” said. "Maybe fight one or twice more, move up (to light heavyweight) or go down (to welterweight). We’ve done some tests with my team and the lowest weight I made was 170, 171, so that could be a possibility."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/1/2...ers-turning-ufc-less-sport-more-entertainment

because the new owners bought ufc for 4 billion, so they need ppv entertainment to earn money.

The GOAT isn't wrong.

#AndersonSilvaChamp2017Playboy
<{silvanormal}>

@thatKid

tumblr_nbinad8iqI1ry1rm7o1_500.gif

lol 'good cop bad cop'. More like John Gotti being above his underboss Sammy Gravano.

Respect never sold a ticket - Ken Flo

Welcome to the Ronda Ratchet and Conor Kardashian era.

Now shut up and go back to sleep, Andy! {<Mcgoat}

He is right for sure war goat anderson. And it's bad for real mma fans. Ufc has the best fighters around the world, but they make shit matchups. I mean tony vs khabib for the interim shit belt??! And now we got a pregnant champion who is cash cow and sells good with loud mauth have a status to stay pregnant. And sad thing is with wme we will never ever reach golden mma age again, once again fuck you wme

Last edited:
He is right for sure war goat anderson. And it's bad for real mma fans. Ufc has the best fighters around world, but they make shit matchups. I mean tony vs khabib for the interim shit belt??! And now we got a pregnant champion who is cash cow and sells good with loud mauth have a status to stay pregnant. And sad thing is with wme we will never ever reach golden mma age again, once again fuck you wme
Joannas prego? When the fuck did this happen??

Wow, even Anderson acknowledging UFC belts are meaningless these days.

Back