Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone vs. Jorge "Gamebred" Masvidal This Saturday

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
Who the heck wins this fight? Seems like a legit 50/50 fight to me, Masvidal excels where Cowboy is weakest but Cerrone will have more tools on the feet and the threat of leg, body, and head kicks. Should be fun. So will Cerrone continue his path of destruction or will Masvidal get his biggest win to date? MMAJunkie readers seem to be riding high on the Cowboy.

wp_ss_20170123_0001.png

Thoughts?

Cowboy ftfw.

I hope he peppers Masvidal with leg kicks to slow him down and eventually connects with a high kick. Great fucking fight.

Great fight. Cowboy has been rocked a couple times in last couple fights but I think he can get the Dec

I'm watching this fight only for Cowboy. Going to applebees before his fight starts, watching it, and then leaving before the main.

I have to go with Cowboy but I think it's going to be very competitive.

Cowboy has been looking great at WW but I think Masvidal will get the win somehow.

I think Cerrone is better everywhere. TKO second round.

Cowboy is on a roll, but he fights too often.
Last fight with Matt Brown was hard and Cowboy received damage too!
I think it's a bad idea to take such a dangerous fight in two moths.

I pick Masvidal by decision, because he's more fresh and cerebral.

Masvidal has some legit boxing skill and cowboy has never had the greatest boxing. It's a toss up who wins but judging by the comments on here and that poll, I think a lot of people are going to be surprised by this fight.

Good matchup, I think Masvidal will take this. I actually think Masvidal is about to make a run. Cowboy gets cracked to much and Masvidal striking just more loose.

I do think Cowboy could play it smart and chop his legs down and might have a litte edge in the grappling, but in the end i just have a bad feeling for Cowboy in this one.

I'm picking Cowboy even though this fight is legit closer than many give it credit for. Masvidal is very skilled an has that uncanny ability to make opponents look average while doing the absolute bare minimum himself. I'm picking against him mainly because he's got a tendency to display the sense of urgency of a sloth and fights just at the level his opponent pushes him.

Who the heck wins this fight? Seems like a legit 50/50 fight to me, Masvidal excels where Cowboy is weakest but Cerrone will have more tools on the feet and the threat of leg, body, and head kicks. Should be fun. So will Cerrone continue his path of destruction or will Masvidal get his biggest win to date? MMAJunkie readers seem to be riding high on the Cowboy.

View attachment 193761

Thoughts?
Masvidal whipes the floor wit him

I'm picking Cowboy even though this fight is legit closer than many give it credit for. Masvidal is very skilled an has that uncanny ability to make opponents look average while doing the absolute bare minimum himself. I'm picking against him mainly because he's got a tendency to display the sense of urgency of a sloth and fights just at the level his opponent pushes him.
Yeah I can't believe how many people are acting like this is a gimme fight for Cowboy. It's a pretty interesting matchup and I could see it going either way. I'm picking Cowboy, but would not bet on it.

masvidal slows way down at the end of fights, and that plays right into cowboy's hands - cerrone's most dangerous (by far) when he's given time to set everything up. it will probably be a competitive fight early and then cerrone will dominate round 3 and take a decision.

and like I made a thread on earlier today, masvidal never wins close decisions (had 3 straight split decision losses at one point).

Hope these guys just stand and bang I love to see a good mma striking match but I don;'t see it that way Cowboy by decsion or lateround Ko

Great fight. No fucking idea who wins.

Back