Chael got to be a big name but was never good enough.

Rockman14

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
It seems Chael was just never destined to be a champion, in wec he lost his title fight to filio, the second time he won but it was against a high overweight filio and it was t for the title, he then gets all the way up to Anderson and almost beats him until he gets subbed, what kind of luck! In there second fight he gets caught with a great knee.

Then he fights Jon Jones on short notice and doesnt stand a chance; even with this tito he talked about how he told his dad he'd beat him and he got dominated.

I appreciate his attitude of shut up and step in the cage and we'll see what happens but it seems he was just never good enough, I know it hurt him when tito said "when were you ever a champ, when were you a champ of anything? Never, all you'll ever be known is as a great talker"

Never was a tito fan but you can see he was in great shape and trained hard, I agreed when he said "look at him, hes not even in shape, uts disrespectful to me and the fans"

He is a talking trash great but it seems he could never cut it against the elites.

Water is wet.

What are you aiming to accomplish with this?

Nah he beat decent guys while roided up to the gills....gills which he probably developed due to roid abuse.

Chael was a WEC champion to me, I don't care about all that official BS.

The champion wasn't even prepared enough to make weight or even come close to it. Chael beat that ass, and therefore Chael is the champion in my eyes.

Chael Sonnen beat the living shit out of the GOAT for 4 and a half rounds, that alone will forever have my respect. Yes, he might have been on PEDs, but guess what - I don't really care!

Chael P. Sonnen, always a fan!

He had a good run and was legit for 2-3 years.

The American Gangster may have lost at MMA, but he won at life.

#themanofthehour
#toosweettobesour
#peopleschampion
#stillmyboy

09_Sonnen_Stann08.jpg

Chael had about 18 months when he was a top 3 MW

Chael was always a top10 fighter just not enough to be champ. Tons of respect and he certainly paved the way for Conor to promote fights.

Hey man he has wins over Jason Miller, Shogun Rua, Nate Marquardt, Michael Bisping, Brian Stann, Renato Sobral, Olieksiy Oliynyk, Paulo Filho and Yushin Okami. Solid resume nonetheless.

It seems Chael was just never destined to be a champion, in wec he lost his title fight to filio, the second time he won but it was against a high overweight filio and it was t for the title, he then gets all the way up to Anderson and almost beats him until he gets subbed, what kind of luck! In there second fight he gets caught with a great knee.

Then he fights Jon Jones on short notice and doesnt stand a chance; even with this tito he talked about how he told his dad he'd beat him and he got dominated.

I appreciate his attitude of shut up and step in the cage and we'll see what happens but it seems he was just never good enough, I know it hurt him when tito said "when were you ever a champ, when were you a champ of anything? Never, all you'll ever be known is as a great talker"

Never was a tito fan but you can see he was in great shape and trained hard, I agreed when he said "look at him, hes not even in shape, uts disrespectful to me and the fans"

He is a talking trash great but it seems he could never cut it against the elites.

Your wrong, chael WAS good enough but things never went his way. He was good enough to get a shot at anderson and he was good enough to dominate the entire fight, and then he got caught in a sub. Thats just the way the cards fell but fate could have flipped a coin that night and he would be the guy who completely destroyed the champ in an unbelievably dominant performance, like cody vs cruz or rda vs pettis

he also narrowly missed winning a belt from filho because of a technicality, where the fight was made non title due to filho missing weight

fighting is very chaotic and sometimes luck plays a factor. Chael was certainly good enough but he did have some bad luck along the way

That fight aws fixed.
Tito tapped to that shitty choke so Chael quickly changed position

Chael was NEVER elite ...His best wins were against another non elite bisping and that was razor close and choked out Stann (big deal).Yes, he strangled out a pitiful version of Rua..

Let's put it this way, when they announced Jon Jones vs Sonnen, it was one my biggest "smh" moments in the better part of 20 years watching this sport.I lol'ed and I knew I wasn't paying for it.

Chael has no business fighting at 205. Now he is far too old, and can't do TRT. He isn't going to be beating anyone good. If Chael's corner had any intelligence whatsoever, they would have told him how much time was remaining and to LnP out the clock. After the fight, Chael didn't have any idea how much time was left in the fight, inept cormermen of Edmond level proportions.

Nah he beat decent guys while roided up to the gills....gills which he probably developed due to roid abuse.

This, ppl forget he got popped for like 4 illegal substances. What's also hilarious is he was totally believable at that time because he was openly calling out Wanderlei for ducking a test. Classic case of thou dost protest too much.

I agree with the statement - but this weekend's exhibition didn't prove anything either way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Baker
Back