UFC and the NFL

Rondas Pillow

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Imagine if the NFL operated like the UFC. Even though Atlanta and New England won today, they would make the Superbowl a matchup between Dallas and the NY Giants (who both already lost in the playoffs). They drew the biggest crowds this season - so they'd make a cash grab now at the expense of having some legitimacy.

TLDR - The UFC is a joke - being ranked #5 and beating #10 Dennis Siver shouldn't move you up to #1 contender. I may start watching WWE since they have more integrity and believable story lines.

another UFC vs NFL thread folks. nothing to see here, move along

Imagine you had a brain.

The UFC cannot operate like the UFC because of the different nature of football and MMA.

UFC isnt tourney style so it cant work like you said. The rankings are set by the UFC anyways.

Well that's sorta how it works in the FBS. Ohio State didn't even win their own division let alone conference, but they made it to the playoffs while Penn State didn't make it despite winning the conference. Obviously Ohio State's extreme popularity played a yuge factor in this.

tumblr_m9a3vpVK241qdj1wu.gif

Imagine if the NFL operated like the UFC. Even though Atlanta and New England won today, they would make the Superbowl a matchup between Dallas and the NY Giants (who both already lost in the playoffs). They drew the biggest crowds this season - so they'd make a cash grab now at the expense of having some legitimacy.

TLDR - The UFC is a joke - being ranked #5 and beating #10 Dennis Siver shouldn't move you up to #1 contender. I may start watching WWE since they have more integrity and believable story lines.

The fucking irony of this coming from someone with a Conor avatar

UFC isn't a team sport and they have a different business structure form the NFL, but you already knew this

UFC was neck and neck with soccer globally a few yrs back. Now with the WME buy. Its #1 in the WORLD.
They dont need to compare to low league like NFL that is national.

I have no idea how NFL became so popular in the states.

Yeah, the UFC isn't a league.

Its a promotion.

(So don't let the UFC lie to you about fighters not being marketable. Its the UFC's job as a promotion to promote)

The TLDR is almost as long as the main paragraph. Fuck that

Back