So wtf really happened to Gerald " Hurricane" Harris

Thanos

Courting Death
@Black
Reaction score
Who's got the scoop? Idk I'm curious! aren't you? I know yall goofs have thought about it atleast once.

I was skimming through another thread and his name was brought up by some guy or whatever.

He was good, I remember he either got cut or didn't re-sign. It's like he disappeared after that. Did he leave on bad terms?

He just KO'd someone with a slam few months ago....

Pretty sure he got cut for his boring ass performance at ufc 123, I forgave him though.

Pretty sure he got cut for his boring ass performance at ufc 123, I forgave him though.
It's funny how that used to be a common occurrence. But now some of the most boring fighters on the roster get to fight 4 times a year.

I don't think it's much of a mystery. He probably had a four fight contract, and despite going 3-1 in that stint he didn't get another contract offer since his fight with Falcao was such a shitshow.

Supposedly he's on the next season of TUF

I don't know but I can't wait to see Thanos whoop ass in Avengers Infinity Wars...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I don't know but I can't wait to see Thanos whoop ass in Avengers Infinity Wars...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
This is the only reasonable response to this PHAIL thread. Gonna be a good flick IMGO! (In my GOAT opinion)

#GUERNICAbless

I'm assuming the same thing that's currently happening to Lorenz Larkin...

He slam KOd some turd who came in ridiculously overweight. It was supposed to be a WW fight and it ended up happening at HW, Harris had to pound water to add weight.

It was the worst cut of all time to me... The guy had some crazy KO's and had a good streak going before Falcao.

Falcao is the type of guy to grope women he doesnt know in public then get his ass kicked and run away while somebody beats his friend into a coma.

And yes, Harris is supposed to be on tuf.

It's funny how that used to be a common occurrence. But now some of the most boring fighters on the roster get to fight 4 times a year.

More cards nowadays so they need more fighters to fill them so more fighters are getting chances they probably wouldn't have 6 years ago.

Sounds like he is coming back to TUF, hope he slam KO's Junie or the let me bang bro guy

So I have now watched all of the Gerald Harris fights available on Fightpass and Youtube and I can safely say the guy is the most slam-heavy fighter in the history of the sport. Forget Rampage, Crazy Horse, and Hughes in their respective primes, NO ONE could slam a muh fugger like Hurricane Harris. His standup was rudimentary but powerful, his submissions nonexistent, but he was one of the strongest guys I've seen fight at 185 (at 170 he didn't look so hot) and his slams were purposefully designed and executed to finish fights, which they did with astounding regularity. Guy had 6 slam finishes on his record (don't care what Fight Finder says, the verbal subs were caused directly by slams). I gotta think that's a record.

Anyways, the UFC cutting him after the Falcao fight made no sense at all. He got his ass kicked and NEARLY finished in the first (after 4 minutes of nothing) and dominated some more in the second, but Falcao was the one running away and not engaging in the third. Harris tried in that one, but it wasn't his night. That fight was nowhere near as bad as so many modern MW fights end up being, yet both those guys never fought in the UFC again. Just crap!

And here's a nasty video of Harris doing his thing:

Back