Is Jones the only person to beat prime TRT Belfort?

120wrestling

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
We often hear about how ruthless TRT belfort was and how no middleweight in the history of the sport would have been able to take him on. Hard to argue this fact as he knocked out two guys who would end up winning the title in spectacular fashion.

But was Jon Jones the first guy to put him down? Vitor definitely didn't look as aggressive as he did when he fought Rock,Bisping, and Hendo....but he looked even more jacked since he was fighting at 205.

With that being said, is ViTRT belfort a high level win on Jones's record? People give him a lot of slack for fighting old legends, but Vitor went on a 3 fight run where he looked unstoppable.

Thoughts?

JonJones_original.jpg

664896ufc15212jonesvsbelfort0153.jpg

p1142893998-3.jpg

At least the way Jones almost sacrificed his arm,is in my opinion his biggest achievement isnide the octagon.

And yes,while TRTor was a smaller guy,he was still an impressive W on Jones's record overall.

People say Belfort was on TRT when he fought Anderson.

Yes. And he only won because of Vitors Jesus-like mercy on his arm. Fact.

I seem to recalll Randy Couture beating an untested era Vitor Belfort like a red headed step child twice.

I seem to recalll Randy Couture beating an untested era Vitor Belfort like a red headed step child twice.

Yeah Couture was a bad ass. Though his own physique during that time period was questionable. The thing is, Jones fought a Belfort with the speed and power of his 19 year old self+ the exprience of a veteran.

Before TRT Vitor there was Large Amounts of Steroids Vitor

And yeah, a bunch of people beat that guy.

Only two of the GOATs were able to beat him. Although yes, Jones fought an even more roided up one as we all know now.

We often hear about how ruthless TRT belfort was and how no middleweight in the history of the sport would have been able to take him on. Hard to argue this fact as he knocked out two guys who would end up winning the title in spectacular fashion.

But was Jon Jones the first guy to put him down? Vitor definitely didn't look as aggressive as he did when he fought Rock,Bisping, and Hendo....but he looked even more jacked since he was fighting at 205.

With that being said, is ViTRT belfort a high level win on Jones's record? People give him a lot of slack for fighting old legends, but Vitor went on a 3 fight run where he looked unstoppable.

Thoughts?

JonJones_original.jpg

664896ufc15212jonesvsbelfort0153.jpg

p1142893998-3.jpg
He was soooo close on the armbar! That would have been epic

Yes.
When he survived the armbar and then proceeded to beat his ass I knew he was the goat

Yeah super impressive win for Jones honestly Vitor was cheating harder than anyone ever has in the sport, almost had his arm snapped for it but beat him up after that

One of the most overrated fighters ever in one of the most undeserved title shots ever.

And this was just two fights removed from another undeserved title fight against Anderson.

UFC's matchmaking at its worst.

Look at his physique in that picture though versus the one when he fought Jones. He might have just started treatment during this fight.

I don't think he was on treatment yet, but Vitor has a bad history of the juice since the beginning when he started off at age 18

Back