If Donald Anthony 'Cowboy' Cerrone gets past Jorge Gamebred Masvidal does he get a TS or eliminator

Concrete Whale

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
4 wins inside the distance for his last 4 fights, 12-1 in his last 13 (9 inside the distance)

wide.jpg

He's currently ranked 5th and Masvidal is 12th. So you could say a win wouldn't move him forward much here. I wouldn't be against him getting a TS against the winner of the Black Supremacist Woodley / Wonderboy. He's paid his dues for sure. He might get an eliminator with Maia though, Maia is very hot right now as well, he's on a 6 win streak. All Cowboy's 4 wins were in 2016 though.

Cowboy must be one of the most successful and active fights in the UFC to have never got his hands on a belt. I suppose it's one of the most competitive divisions. Could this finally be his time?

Yea, but he won't wait for the title shot while things get sorted out.
He'll fight 10 more times over the next 2 years instead.

I think he deserves a #1 contenders fight with a win over masvidal. Maybe vs Maia unless he's waiting to fight the winner of Woodley/Thompson.

This fight will be Performance of the Night worthy. And Cowboy should be one or two fights away from a titleshot. The guy is on a roll at 170.

Definately would deserve it. But I think he's to impatient to wait for Thompson and Maia.

It doesn't matter. UFC does what they want. A fighter could be ranked top 10 and leapfrog everyone ahead of him.

Cowboy is more "exciting" to the casual fans though so I wouldn't be surprised if he got a shot before Maia.

Maia should just wait for his shot.

Cerrone should get an eliminator fight with a win over Masvidal.

EDIT: Cerrone vs Larkin or Cerrone vs Woodley/WB loser sounds like 2 good choices.

Last edited:
Yeah sure, let Maia choke him. He doesn't deserve any shot at WW.

I honestly do not see how a number 5 beating a number 12 does Cerrone any fucking good at all. It's most definitely should not be a fight a guy gets a TS off of.

He has to beat somebody above, imo. But, this re-match has clogged shit up.

All that said...

It's the Ultimate Fuckery Championship. Nothing surprises me anymore.

Maia's next fight should be a title shot only, do Cerrone/Lawler as a title eliminator in the summer.

If he wins then he should fight Lawler and if he wins that then he can get a title shot for sure.. in the mean time it gives Maia his shot at the belt

If there's going to be an eliminator I don't see why Lawler should be in it he got KOed in the first round and lost the belt he should have to build himself back up there are other fighters ahead of him in the queue now.

I think a title shot would be too soon, he's finished some tough opponents but none of them warrant a title shot. I'm a huge masvidal fan and that would be a great win if cowboy pulls it out but beating the #12 ranked guy doesn't exactly scream title shot, top 5 opponent next IMO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back