Are you supposed to be silent during the national anthem?

LyotoMacheetah

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Was in the crowd for bellator last night.

When they were playing the anthem some dude was screaming loud as fuck, "Let's go tito!!"

I was like wtf and screamed, "fuck him up Chael!!"

Was that disrespectful? Other people started screaming too. Seemed like no one gave a fuck about the anthem there. I know I didn't.

When they were playing the anthem some dude was screaming loud as fuck, "Let's go tito!!"

Was that disrespectful? Other people started screaming too. Seemed like no one gave a fuck about the anthem there. I know I didn't.
Ideally the atmosphere should remain reatectful and people can sing along if they'd like. The timing on playing the anthem wasn't the greatest.

Depends on whose it is. If it's your own you stand and sing or remain silent. If it's a foreign one you boo and shout abuse.

I think silence is warranted, tradition or not. What i don't like is the take off your hat routine. Nonsense imo.

Ideally the atmosphere should remain reatectful and people can sing along if they'd like. The timing on playing the anthem wasn't the greatest.
Timing was terrible. Everybody was restless because of the long wait from the Daley ko to the start of the tito fight. The anthem just made it even longer.

Disgustingly disrespectful.

Based on my long history of going to sporting events, you are supposed to remain silent unless you are screaming "hats off!" to children and old men.

Tito is more American than Chael. Isn't he 2nd gen Scandinavian?

Tito Scandinavian? You thinking of Gus? They didn't play the Scandinavian national anthem too did they?

The US national anthem is the only one that matters...

giphy.gif

Silence.

Yelling during the national anthem makes you look like a gigantic douchebag.

I call bullshit on being silent.
WTF is a national anthem anyway? A boring old song that glorifies the country. Worthless.
That's just like people complaining about religion etc.

Pride did it best with the anthems, this is exactly how it should be done only if it's a fight this big. Fedor vs big nog 1st fight.

Anthems start around 5min

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back