Is Bellator a threat?

saugeye killah

No need rope hold up pants.
@Brown
Reaction score
Pretty good show last night. With upcoming fights like Sonnen-Silva, MacDonald-Daley, and more on the horizon (presumably free), and their growing reputation as an organization that

A) rewards and treats their fighters better

B) unafraid to put on "freak show" fights that people want to see.

C) all in on embracing the theatrical aspect that lots of people enjoyed about Pride and some other orgs.

D) Lots of good free shows

E) UFCs apparent vulnerability under new ownership.

UFC still has the world class talent for sure, but Bellator has put a significant dent in the armor.

Are we on the cusp of MMAs version of the "Monday Night Wars"?

I think the UFC knows it's in trouble. They honestly have NO ONE besides Conor. Guys like JDS, Cain, and Rumble are not company loyal - nor should they be. Too many UFC fighters have complained about pay.

Eventually, even if 25% of the best fighters end up in Belatore, they would be a legit threat.

I liked its colorful entrances and overall entertainment value, but its credibility when it comes to a main event (freakshow) fight is damaged beyond repair imo.

Every one in recent memory has ended under suspicious circumstances and the "feuds" leading up to them were cringeworthy at best.

WME got played HARD by Fertittas, UFC will NEVER have a valuation of 4 billion again

smart money is out, dumb money is in. UFC will be run to the ground in about 5-6 years and Fertittas will buy back in for pennies on the dollar.

Dana SOLD his ownership shares and gets % of the PROFITS. let that SINK IN

The entrances are good, I'll give them that.

My biggest gripe from last night is that thanks to the new judging criteria, the commentators (especially unofficial judge Jimmy Smith) have no idea how to score rounds. Every time there was a takedown Sean Grande said "This could be a 10-8 round!" The fighters also don't understand the new rules as seen in the Karakhanyan/Sanchez fight where Emmanuel kneed Georgi (twice) when he was clearly down.

Pretty good show last night. With upcoming fights like Sonnen-Silva, MacDonald-Daley, and more on the horizon (presumably free), and their growing reputation as an organization that

A) rewards and treats their fighters better

B) unafraid to put on "freak show" fights that people want to see.

C) all in on embracing the theatrical aspect that lots of people enjoyed about Pride and some other orgs.

D) Lots of good free shows

E) UFCs apparent vulnerability under new ownership.

UFC still has the world class talent for sure, but Bellator has put a significant dent in the armor.

Are we on the cusp of MMAs version of the "Monday Night Wars"?
Was Tito vs Chael or Royce vs Shamrock a fight anyone reaaally wanted to see?

Edit: I guess I wanted to see Kimbo vs Dada 5000, though.

Yes

Wa5ZjO2.gif

I feel like UFC has the better boxing style entrances and overall feel, just feels more clean and professional. Also bellator kills their shows with those garbage fights like Ralek Gracie on them

Bellator is UFC of MMA

I think they are in different spots. Although the UFC is becoming more gimmicky I think Bellator is focused more on entertainment then fighting

I feel like UFC has the better boxing style entrances and overall feel, just feels more clean and professional. Also bellator kills their shows with those garbage fights like Ralek Gracie on them

UFC has felt more unprofessional lately then they have in a looooong time...oh and the Ralek fight was garbage, no doubt...but I think that's more on him than Bellator, also Punk vs a 2-0 guy? UFC is guilty as well (eh, also Toney vs Randy).

No. Bellator is always gonna be the number 2 promotion in MMA, and theres nothing wrong with that.

Bjorn's approach was to try and compete with the UFC, and Coker is just focusing on their brand and promotion which imo is way better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back