Here's one thing I dont understand about Sonnen...

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
Why and I do mean WHY fans still listen to him trash talk and take it seriously when he rarely backs it up?

I'm not bashing the guy and he do have some decent wins under his belt but I mean can you really take him seriously at times?

Like most people in life... He's all talk.

Only dummies eat that shit up.

Because he is a charismatic guy, like him or not. He is not a boring and generic parrot saying things we hear every athlete say. He speaks eloquently and has enough intelligence to forge a unique persona. It's not only about who wins more. It's about personalities and characters you support. Oftentimes, favorites are not the best. It applies in fiction, it does in sports, and it does in MMA; people like an underdog, or a guy with charisma who tries but who is outperformed by others...

Chael is a master at self-branding. He amuses and involves you, making him interesting, recognizable, and memorable. Win or lose.

He laid the blueprint for the media-star based business approach to fighter branding.

Last edited:
He will never be a top fighter in my mind, but he is not a can or bad fighter either, he is middle of the pack for me. He has very good wrestling, his striking is OK, his BJJ is very poor, especially chokes, he gets choked a lot and its always been that way his entire career.

He is good on the mic and people love that stuff, sometimes I find him amusing but I never think he can beat Jones when he was saying it, only words.

His fans are dumb rednecks

We figured this out years ago

His fans are dumb rednecks

We figured this out years ago
He's white, dude. His fans aren't just rednecks. They also burn crosses in their front yards.

He's more witty than he is funny. Like when he made that comment about Tito's shorts having flames on them. So nu-metal.

Chael vs Wand needs to happen.

Why and I do mean WHY fans still listen to him trash talk and take it seriously when he rarely backs it up?

I'm not bashing the guy and he do have some decent wins under his belt but I mean can you really take him seriously at times?

do people take him seriously?

Chael's only contribution to MMA is that he showed guys that you could talk your way into big fights and stardom. mcTapper stole his whole schtick from Sonnen and all these noobs are trying to do the same. Thing is, Chael is a choke artist. When it matters most he will fold. Just a fact.

#GUERNICAbless

its funny watching a clown get embarrassed repeatedly

Back