Missing weight

Dridemma

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Instead of just paying 20 percent of their purse they should automatically be deducted a point. What you guys think?

It's not a horrible idea but it's not really a good one. Deduct 50% of the purse instead

Instead of just paying 20 percent of their purse they should automatically be deducted a point. What you guys think?

giphy.gif

If the fight happens 50% of the purse goes to the other person. If the fight is called off 100%.

If the fight happens 50% of the purse goes to the other person. If the fight is called off 100%.

Well that's not really fair because it's usually the opponent who decides if the fight happens or not.

They should have to bone Fallon Fox if they miss weight.

That'll teach 'em.

Well that's not really fair because it's usually the opponent who decides if the fight happens or not.
Unless the opponent misses by a certain amount. Some state athletic commissions won't let the fight happen if one fighter misses by 10 pounds or if they can't make it under the limit of the next highest division.

I wouldn't have an issue with cutting a person after the second failure. The ones who miss weight lose more times than they win, so I don't really see the need to fool with it from a points perspective.

Unless the opponent misses by a certain amount. Some state athletic commissions won't let the fight happen if one fighter misses by 10 pounds or if they can't make it under the limit of the next highest division.

Good point, but I think everyone is in agreement that the opponent should get part of the purse if a fighter misses weight.

Either take a portion of the purse or cancel the fight. Or do like in Japan: miss weight and the best you can get is a NC.

Everytime you miss weight you should be deducted 20% plus. But then you would have guys like Hendricks that has missed multiple times % adding up and paying the UFC to fight.

For two or three pounds you are right it is the opponent but for 8 or 9 pounds its the commission that won't allow it to happen, that should be a 100% forfeit to the person who did their job.

Back