Nate Diaz vs Conor McGregor in a boxing match. Who wins?

gimp0

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
They both have been talking about boxing lately and I'm wondering who wins?

Conor looked great in the second fight against Nate but let's not forget about the leg kicks. Nate Diaz took a lot of powerful kicks from Conor and everybody knows leg kicks are brutal. They essentially ruin movement and make it difficult to throw with power or throw at all.

Nate Diaz has one hell of a chin and has long reach.
Conor has a powerful left and incredible movement.

I think Nate would take a decision with boxing gloves.

What do you guys think?

giphy.gif

Nate outboxed him in the first and most of the second fight, Conor's biggest tool is his left and the thin gloves make it easier for him. With the bigger gloves and longer fight Nate wins hands down, if the UFC had longer fights say 7-9 rounds the Diaz brothers would probably be more dominant fighters. Conor also doesn't have a very big gas tank, though admittedly it's gotten better bit I doubt it would be enough to last him 12-15 rounds.

boxing weight divisions are tighter for a reason, they wouldn't be in the same division

Nobody.

Why would I want to watch two ameteur boxers for $60?

I honestly think it would be really close, Conor could use his movement, but Nate could essentially spam 1-2s and land them, while Conor would constantly be stepping outside to land his left. Conor wouldn't gas out as badly as he did in their first and second fight, as he doesn't have to kick. However, I am not sure how they would react to getting cornered as It has been a long time since Conor and Nate (not sure if he has ever boxed) has had a boxing fight.

I would take McGregor by decision as he would still be faster than Diaz.

Not the pillow puncher that cant swat a fly

Nate wins.

Conor set him up in the second fight by (wisely) using leg kicks to chop Diaz' lead leg.

In pure boxing, he can't do that. Nates' jab chews him up.

Conor would dominate, Nates only chance would be Conor gassing in the later rounds. ...

Conor takes every round

Majority of Nate's success came at the end of the rounds in their fights.

Box for 3 minutes...Rest...Box for 3 minutes...Rest...Box for 3 minutes...Rest...Box for 3 minutes...Rest...

Easy win for Conor

Who cares. It would be too boring if they're just boxing.

Conor takes every round

Box for 3 minutes...Rest...Box for 3 minutes...Rest...Box for 3 minutes...Rest...Box for 3 minutes...Rest...

Easy win for Conor

You are completely delusional.

Conor would dominate, Nates only chance would be Conor gassing in the later rounds. ...

Dominate or land a couple powerful strikes that might hurt Nate? Nate would steamroll Conor in the later rounds and it wouldn't even be close.

boxing weight divisions are tighter for a reason, they wouldn't be in the same division

Floyd and Conor wouldn't be in the same weight class either.

Conor takes every round

Easy win for Conor

Easy win? lol Conor couldn't finish Nate and boxing matches are a lot longer.

The fans.

Agreed. I would enjoy a boxing match between these two.

Nate wins.

Conor set him up in the second fight by (wisely) using leg kicks to chop Diaz' lead leg.

In pure boxing, he can't do that. Nates' jab chews him up.

Yes. Nate's jab goes up in value in a boxing match, and Conor's big left hand goes down in value with the heavier glove. And like Arm Barbarian said, Conor slowed down Nate's game in the 2nd fight, with the threat of leg kicks. Nate can step heavy on his lead-leg all day long in boxing, which is actually fundamentally sound in boxing.

If I were Nate, I'd be making all kinds of noise (about both getting boxing licenses), trying to get the trilogy fight in boxing (not necessarily in MMA).

TS

go make a thread of Connor vs Nate in a ring under pride rules

Back