Who Thinks Holloway Beats Aldo?

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I don't think he does, I am just curious to see how you guys think he will.

I don't think he will out gun Aldo, and definitely not submit him.

Aldo is like a much better, less flashier version of Pettis. I rewatched Pettis vs Holloway, while he had some nice jabs, boxing is certainly not one of Pettis' strengths, whereas boxing is one of Aldo's strengths (inb4 McGregor/Aldo gif), and there is still no doubt to who has the kicking advantage.

I think he will.

I think Max will pressure him and his boxing is better. Aldo's leg kicks will be a factor but I think Max will pepper him and the height will cause aldo trouble.

Yes. I think Holloway wins. Young fighters always beat old and washed up fighters.

Besides that, Holloway is that good. First fighter to finish Pettis.

I think Holloway has a good chance.

Yes. I think Holloway wins. Young fighters always beat old washed up fighters.

Besides that, Holloway is that good. First fighter to finish Pettis.
CJohnny, I once thought you were okay, a poster who gave thought to what they posted. That was until I have seen the last few comments of yours... in what way is Aldo washed up? Being knocked out by McGregor, and having a near flawless performance vs Frankie Edgar again? Who seemingly got better and had a great chance of finishing Aldo?

Please use your brain again

I got Aldo but god damn has Max grown the last couple years. The loss to Conor was a blessing for him. Hard fight to predict

CJohnny, I once thought you were okay, a poster who gave thought to what they posted. That was until I have seen the last few comments of yours... in what way is Aldo washed up? Being knocked out by McGregor, and having a near flawless performance vs Frankie Edgar again? Who seemingly got better and had a great chance of finishing Aldo?

Please use your brain again

You're just pissed because I have telling people about how Khabib is getting exposed by Ferguson.

Edgar is another old fighter, who is not at even close to his best at this point. Just look at his last fight. I was not impressed.

If Mac can check leg kicks effectively, he has a chance to catch him with his great use of angles, and unorthodox boxing.

But he can't and he won't, and watch Aldo trip him a few times, and even get a TD in the 1st or 2nd, and have Max second guessing his triking from there.

Half of sherdog seems to think Aldo is just another pretty good fighter after having 1 big punch landed on him in like 11 years.

Aldo is like a much better, less flashier version of Pettis. I rewatched Pettis vs Holloway, while he had some nice jabs, boxing is certainly not one of Pettis' strengths, whereas boxing is one of Aldo's strengths (inb4 McGregor/Aldo gif), and there is still no doubt to who has the kicking advantage.
nope_zps9cfa59f3.gif~original
giphy.gif

Max has proven himself to be one of the best at FW. Nobody should be surprised if he beats Aldo.

max has pretty good chances to win a unanimous decision

I think he will.

I think Max will pressure him and his boxing is better
. Aldo's leg kicks will be a factor but I think Max will pepper him and the height will cause aldo trouble.

Aldo undoubtedly has the better boxing. He can also take the fight down if he wants. Aldo losing to Conor has turned him into the most underrated fighter in the world. He is still probably the most all around skilled fighter in MMA

I'm a big Max fan but this is a hard one stylistically. I feel like Aldos leg kicks will be the key to him winning this. Leg kicks might be his own undoing though, if Max checks one of them nicely.

Max Holloway thinks max Holloway beats Waldo..

Perhaps people should learn a little something about Max before you act like he has no chance.
Aldo undoubtedly has the better boxing. He can also take the fight down if he wants. Aldo losing to Conor has turned him into the most underrated fighter in the world. He is still probably the most all around skilled fighter in MMA
How exactly is Aldo going to take the fight to where he wants? Is he some awesome wrestler now. Max stuffed 6 of Ricardo Lamas' takedowns. Max hasn't even been take down once since 2014.

People forget Max started out as a kickboxer before transitioning into MMA. So the leg kick idea won't carry much weight as Max is familiar with them and knows how to check them.

honestly no... connor handled halloway easily while hurt... jose is much more well rounded than connor so i wouldnt be surprised if he outclasses him honestly. best jose beats most others at their best.

I'm with you on this, TS.
Aldo looked on fire against Edgar and I think he'll take that same intensity into the Octagon with Holloway and smoke him.

Back