Michael Bisping to get knee surgery. Out until at least May 2017.

shonuf

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Won't return until at least May 2017

UFC Middleweight Champion Michael Bisping was expected to defend his title against Yoel Romero in the next few months, but plans have changed.

Bisping recently announced that he will be getting knee surgery, and he will not be able to return until at least May 2017.

“I actually found out just recently I’ve got to have a knee surgery,” Bisping said to Fox Sports. “Nothing major, just a clean up. I’ve got a slightly torn meniscus, a couple other things going on in there so I’ve got to get that knee surgery taken care of. We scheduled that and I should be having that in the next couple of weeks. Get that taken care of and I’ll probably be defending the belt around May, something like that I would guess.”

He just hopes Jacare and Romero retire or kill each other before his return and a rubber match with Dan Henderson.

I just found out means=I just rewatched Romero's brutality against Weidman!

Mike gonna fight Yoel when Yoel is over 40, he's a smart dude

Why not enjoy being champ? Sit out until Yoel retires.

Bisping wouldve defended his belt

but he took an arrow to the knee

Bisping wouldve defended his belt

but he took an arrow to the knee
The arrow was probably that little leg kick before the H-Bomb!
tumblr_mysigcdtI71ry1rm7o1_400.gif

May isn't too bad though at least. Heard knee surgery and thought may of next year at very first glance. May is only another three months

lol when i read 2017 i thought we are still in 2016

weeeeeeeeeeeee kneeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwww this already.

He said this ages ago; that his knee was shit and he'd be out until the spring (unless he could have gotten the GSP fight at 206, h'd said that fight was worth the money to fight with a bum knee)

I don't get some of these comments.

Bisping has been a very active fighter in his time with the company and not taken many long breaks.

Fack. 185 is such an interesting division. Rockhold is the last champ, basically 1 win away from a shot. Yoel is already due. Jacare right behind. Mousasi is making a run, but even Weidman is in the mix with an impressive win. And the Whittaker looms. The most intriguing thing is that almost the entire top 10 has a realistic shot at beating the champ.

He just hopes Jacare and Romero retire or kill each other before his return and a rubber match with Dan Henderson.

I just found out means=I just rewatched Romero's brutality against Weidman!
After that last fight with Dan you know Michael doesn't actually want a rubber match with the true mw champ
20161008_0502_Michael_Bisping_vs_Dan_Henderson.0.0.jpg

Back