Who In the History of the Lightweight Division Do You Think Could Beat Khabib?

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
Past or present, as long as the fighter has competed in the UFC/Pride/WEC. Who would you give a chance at beating him?

Barboza is possibly his worst matchup I could see him beating Khabib

Never was a big fan of his, but I respect the greatness...BJ when he was on his LW streak. Khabib is an incredible wrestler with very average striking. BJ beat the shit out of Sherk and Diego at the absolute height of their careers.

Last edited:
If there's any LW that I feel has a better than 50/50 chance at beating Khabib, I've yet to see it. But honestly a prime BJ with his TDD would probably be his hardest matchup.

You don't want to see a juiced-up Khabib putting work on Tubby under PRIDE rules. It would get nasty fast.
Yeah, he would be trying to take him down on the ropes for 15 minutes and failling, really nasty

Never was a big fan of his, but I respect the greatness...BJ when he wss on his LW steak. Khabib is an incredible wrestler with very average striking. BJ beat the shit out of Sherk and Diego at the absolute height of their careers.

Yeah prime BJ's TDD and boxing could get the job done.

I think quite a few LW's over the years could beat Khabib with all the variables going into a fight. Some people just have off days or bad preparation.

I'm assuming you mean at peak no matter what for both fighters then it that case i would say that any fighter with a striking advantage and good footwork/defensive wrestling has a chance to bust him up and win. I think a BJ Penn in his prime for sure but i also think Khabib is such a savage with grappling that he can beat anyone as well.

The beauty of Mixed Martial Arts.

Prime Bendo would have a solid shot of getting the SD.

Well we know Darryl Horcher isn't the guy.

giphy.gif

Past or present, as long as the fighter has competed in the UFC/Pride/WEC. Who would you give a chance at beating him?
Past present FUTURE lol

Gsp for sure. Bad match up for khabib

Gsp can make 55 as he said he will do if there's a fight there for him

Past present FUTURE lol

Gsp for sure. Bad match up for khabib

Gsp can make 55 as he said he will do if there's a fight there for him

wasnt a fight between khabib and gsp around ?
i think khabib is the better wrestler.
i think khabibs hardest matchup should ne tony ferguson.

Back