Why Do People Say Julianna Pena Is The Worst Striker?

pcbh167

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
She might not be the most technical striker, but she hits really hard and she lands most of her shots. When she starts landing shots, her opponents don't want anything to do with it because of how hard Julianna hits.

Also, everyone says she's boring, but she does a lot of damage in her fights. This is the damage she inflicted on her TUF opponents and that was in 2013 when she was just beginning her fighting career.

OnPaste.20170121-204541.jpg OnPaste.20170121-204825.jpg OnPaste.20170121-205142.jpg OnPaste.20170121-205339.jpg

They obviously never saw the GOAT bad striker at work

Worst in comparison to what, and who has said that?

There are FAR worse strikers than her both in WMMA and MMA as a whole.

Just let her bang.

Would beat Ronda in a boxing fight

Worst in comparison to what, and who has said that?

There are FAR worse strikers than her both in WMMA and MMA as a whole.
I watched this video on Youtube today. It was titled: "Juliana Pena Is The Worst Striker In Women's UFC". It seems like several people have been saying that lately because she's fighting Valentina. Val is a world class striker though so of course Julianna isn't as good in the striking department as her, but that doesn't mean she's the worst striker.

Her striking isn't technical and a little bit sloppy. That's why people think she's a bad striker.

Imo she's a good striker for WMMA standards.

I watched this video on Youtube today. It was titled: "Juliana Pena Is The Worst Striker In Women's UFC". It seems like several people have been saying that lately because she's fighting Valentina. Val is a world class striker though so of course Julianna isn't as good in the striking department as her, but that doesn't mean she's the worst striker.

Oh, she's absolutely not the worst striker in any context. Certainly the underdog in striking vs. Valentina for sure.

And yeah..saw the video, i HATE those type of posters. Absolute bullshit.
they need to be banned from the net.

She may not be the "worst" striker but there isn't much to separate her from the likes of Ronda, McMann, Davis etc. who aren't known for their striking. Ronda and McMann probably have more power too.

They obviously never saw the GOAT bad striker at work

she just hasn't perfected it yet.

2PCiyQO.gif

Many consider her to be the worst striker because she has absolutely no stand up game to speak of. TS is just looking at her GnP, which is also sloppy and wild, even as I agree that she obviously hits hard when she does land ... on the ground.

And when on the ground she doesn't try to control wrists, or pin arms to land cleaner, more precise shots. She just wildly hammers away at her opponents guard while hitting a lot of arm until she eventually gets a clean shot through. That is why I consider her the worst striker at BW ...
<{hughesimpress}>

Cause fans like flashy strikers. Anything too tied to the basics means that they're "bad". From a casual standpoint that is.

That said, Pena isn't really that...decent of a striker.

Back