Tony Ferguson is a worse match up for McGregor than Khabib

13 others

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Khabib has a very limited stand up ability in comparison to Conor McGregor. Everybody knows Khabibs game plan here and Khabib should be able to ragdoll Conor on the ground. However McGregor is very good at keeping distance and Khabib has to carefully pick his spots here so he doesn't get tagged on the way in for a TD. I firmly believe Conor wobbles Khabib early and KOs him within 1. Very unpopular opinion around here but it is what it is.

Ferguson can fight Conor anywhere (unlike Khabib), he has very good standup and is very dangerous on the ground. He is also bigger than Conor with a longer reach, and has some very good kicks and subs. Fergusons biggest threat of losing to Conor comes in round 1 as McGregor is arguably the best 1st round fighter in the UFC right now where, on the contrary, Ferguson is very underwhelming in the first round (see last two fights : RDA, Landobless). If Ferguson can survive round 1 and the first half of round 2 I believe Ferguson beats Conor however he wants via superior gas tank and better skillset overall. I would pick Ferguson here if I HAD to bet on this fight. But, both have a very good chance.

WAR Conbib Fergregamedov

Not true, Tony gets countered hard literally every fight. It is much easier to close the distance than keep it, specially for an elite grappler like Khabib. Conor got his guard passed in 3 seconds by Chad "Manlet" Mendes, if you think Khabib wouldn't mount and brutalize Conor you are delusional

Khabib could be Conors daddy

Khabib-Nurmagomedov.jpg

Not true, Tony gets countered hard literally every fight. It is much easier to close the distance than keep it, specially for an elite grappler like Khabib. Conor got his guard passed in 3 seconds by Chad "Manlet" Mendes, if you think Khabib wouldn't mount and brutalize Conor you are delusional

Khabib could be Conors daddy

Khabib-Nurmagomedov.jpg

lol! Almost like you can't read. Yeah I do think Khabib would brutalize McGregor from mount. It's getting there that isn't going to be as easy as some of you clowns think. Just like Alvarez was going to brutalize Conor on the ground. Khabibs game plan is clear as day, Khabib gets hit a lot too, it'll be lights out if Conor lands anything on him.

tonys striking is bad, not really better than khabibs. his wrestling is nowhere near khabibs level.
i see tony as a more wild version of eddie with better ground game, i dont think hed be able to take conor down. khabib beats conor, conor beats tony.

Tony likes to keep his chin up in the air a lot, that could be a problem.

Khabib has a very limited stand up ability in comparison to Conor McGregor. Everybody knows Khabibs game plan here and Khabib should be able to ragdoll Conor on the ground. However McGregor is very good at keeping distance and Khabib has to carefully pick his spots here so he doesn't get tagged on the way in for a TD. I firmly believe Conor wobbles Khabib early and KOs him within 1. Very unpopular opinion around here but it is what it is.

Ferguson can fight Conor anywhere (unlike Khabib), he has very good standup and is very dangerous on the ground. He is also bigger than Conor with a longer reach, and has some very good kicks and subs. Fergusons biggest threat of losing to Conor comes in round 1 as McGregor is arguably the best 1st round fighter in the UFC right now where, on the contrary, Ferguson is very underwhelming in the first round (see last two fights : RDA, Landobless). If Ferguson can survive round 1 and the first half of round 2 I believe Ferguson beats Conor however he wants via superior gas tank and better skillset overall. I would pick Ferguson here if I HAD to bet on this fight. But, both have a very good chance.

WAR Conbib Fergregamedov
Both fights are amazing. Khabib-Ferguson is even more amazing. LW is great!

tonys striking is bad, not really better than khabibs. his wrestling is nowhere near khabibs level.
i see tony as a more wild version of eddie with better ground game, i dont think hed be able to take conor down. khabib beats conor, conor beats tony.
lol please, Tony's striking is way better than Kabib. He's probably in the middle between the vast gulf that is Conor's striking and Kabib's, lol. I think Kabib is a better grappler, but Tony just walks through punishment to get inside. He's a big guy and a high pressure fighter and that's the worst style matchup for Conor.

<36>

I think Tony is a bad match up for Khabib. My prediction is Tony out points Khabib and wins BY decision.

But I think Khabib is a worse match for Connor. Tony is very hittable.

Khabibs stand up is par at best. But he's not gonna stand with Connor. But Connor has great TDD, Tony does as well

No, he's not. Or at least not on paper is he a worse matchup.

At best for Ferguson, he will be like Nate Diaz to Conor - a fighter who can potentially wear Conor down in the standup because of his toughness and endurance.

But Khabib is likely to finish the fight if he gets Conor to the ground. Will he? I don't know. But he has a better chance of doing so than Ferguson.

You either just started watching the sport 2 weeks ago, or trolling/retarded. I hope to God you're just a new fan.

lol! Almost like you can't read. Yeah I do think Khabib would brutalize McGregor from mount. It's getting there that isn't going to be as easy as some of you clowns think. Just like Alvarez was going to brutalize Conor on the ground. Khabibs game plan is clear as day, Khabib gets hit a lot too, it'll be lights out if Conor lands anything on him.

Everybody knows Khabib's gameplan, just like Maia's, but nobody can stop it. Even though Alvarez is not half of the grappler that Khabib is, he managed to close the distance and clinch Conor at least one time. If Khabib does that it is absolutely certain that the fight is going to the ground.

Ferguson is more like Nate. He's much tougher and has better fight endurance than Eddie Alvarez.

I can see Conor lighting Ferguson up in the early rounds only to get worn down as Tony keeps coming at him.

tony will finish khabib late. fighters like khabib always get exposed near the top of the division by solid strikers with tdd.

I think Tony is a bad match up for Khabib. My prediction is Tony out points Khabib and wins BY decision.

But I think Khabib is a worse match for Connor. Tony is very hittable.

Khabibs stand up is par at best. But he's not gonna stand with Connor. But Connor has great TDD, Tony does as well

I think Tony bloodies Khabib, but Khabib will take him down by the second round. Tony also likes to throw illegal techniques so Khabib needs to watch out for dem eyepokes. The fight will be over before it goes to decision.

Agreed.

Tony has a ton more weapons overall. Good power in his hands, decent kicks, and wild subs.

Khabib will HAVE to get the fight to the ground ASAP against McG, or Conor finishes what Michael Johnson started.

Tony has a ton more weapons overall. Good power in his hands, decent kicks, and wild subs.

Tony has a lot of weapons, but none of his weapons are as dangerous to Conor as Khabib's ground game.

Sometimes all you need is one big weapon rather than a lot of medium-sized ones.

With the right game plan, either of them could beat Conor.

Eddie had a great gameplan of kicking Conor's front leg because of Conor's wide stance, but he did a terrible job of sticking to the plan.

Sticking to the plan is the key, and Conor makes it difficult to stick to the game plan.

Tony has a lot of weapons, but none of his weapons are as dangerous to Conor as Khabib's ground game.

Sometimes all you need is one big weapon rather than a lot of medium-sized ones.

No argument there. Khabibs wrestling and GnP are insane.

Where is this myth that Tony 's some amazing striker coming from? He got butchered on the feet against Lando, Barboza, and MJ. Not saying he's bad but he's a much worse striker than Nate Diaz, Conor won't have any problems there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back