Mark Hunt responds to critics who say he knew Brock Lesnar was doping before UFC 200

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score

On Monday, Hunt responded to that criticism on The MMA Hour with Ariel Helwani, saying he couldn’t possibly have known for sure that Lesnar was using anything.

“Knowing and assuming are two different things,” Hunt said. “I assume a lot of stuff. I mean, look at the guy. He comes from a pro-wrestling background. I didn’t actually know these things. I’ll always say, ‘Well, he looks like he’s cheating.’ Of course I’m gonna say it, because that’s the way I am.”

Hunt famously told Fox Sports Australia in June, about a month out of UFC 200, that he thought Lesnar was “juiced to the gills.”

Last week, Hunt’s legal team filed a civil lawsuit in U.S. District Court naming the UFC, Lesnar and UFC president Dana White, claiming racketeering, fraud and negligence, among other complaints. Lesnar failed two drug tests in relation to UFC 200 after the UFC waived him from the full four months of drug testing and USADA did not expedite a pre-fight, out-of-competition test.

The UFC granted Lesnar an exemption from that “four-month rule” for returning athletes, because he retired in 2011, long before USADA became the UFC’s anti-doping partner, and did not officially signed to fight Hunt until about a month before UFC 200. USADA did get back five clean drug tests from Lesnar before UFC 200.

Lesnar also failed a fight-night drug test for the same substance, clompihene. He was suspended one year and fined $250,000 by the Nevada Athletic Commission (NAC) and also given a mirror one-year suspension by USADA. Lesnar has denied knowingly taking the banned drug.

Hunt’s lawyer Christina Denning told Helwani that she doesn’t believe Hunt saying Lesnar was “juiced” minimizes anything in the lawsuit.

“That doesn’t take away from the UFC’s obligation to ensure an even playing field in the sport and fair competition,” Denning said.

Hunt said he was speaking off the cuff, as he normally does, about Lesnar’s appearance. He was also unhappy back in June when it was announced that Lesnar would have to go through the full four months of drug testing before competing.

“I didn’t actually go and test him myself,” Hunt said. “Everyone says, ‘You knew.’ I didn’t actually know. Assuming someone is doping is different from knowing. That’s the difference here. I didn't know. I assume everybody is on an even playing field up at the top until they get caught.”

There was also an element of pre-fight hype involved in Hunt’s quotes as well, Denning said.

“Having admitted that I’m not an expert in the UFC and the history of the sport, I’d imagine there’s a certain level of talking smack that goes on before the fights, right?” the attorney said. “That’s part of the whole thing, is being able to say, ‘I’m gonna kick your ass’ to your opponent.”

Hunt admitted suing the UFC, Lesnar and White could present issues for him, but he believes in what he is doing. Part of the complaint asks the UFC to strip Lesnar of his purse and possibly bonuses and give the money to Hunt.

“Of course it’s always a problem, but it’s what’s right,” Hunt said. “People say it’s about money, well it’s about grabbing a cheater’s money. It’s about taking the cheating out of the sport and making it even. It’s about an even playing field for me, at the end of the day.”

www.mmafighting.com/2017/1/21/14301240/mark-hunt-responds-to-critics-who-say-he-knew-brock-lesnar-was-doping-before-ufc-200

Didn't he listen to Nate?
They are all on steroids

Didn't read. He said he would beat him anyway. He didn't. End of story.

And the UFC is at fault here how? Shut up, Hunt. Many people have gotten exemptions. Lesnar failed and was punished. It doesn't the fact you are an unskilled fighter with no drawing power. You don't deserve a penny.

Mark would benefit from not talking for awhile. Take a vow of silence, find a gameplan that'll stop overeem and stop making it hard for fans to side with you.

Horses tremble when Brock Lesnar enters their town... The man has consumed more horsemeat than a starving calvary regiment in the snow.

Hunt has received a lot of hate for this but I don't care what anyone says. He was the one in there with a almost 300lb monster that just finished his cycle. He has every right to be upset. Anyone that says he lost them as a fan, wasn't a fan to begin with.

I love watching him fight and I'll always be a fan. If he's upset about something that he should be upset about, why would that make me not want to watch him fight anymore? If any of you got in a cage, and got rag dolled, and your face pounded, and you found out the guy you fought just came off a cycle, you'd be upset too.

lets be real, mark is salty cause he got manhandled by a part timer.

The only ways to know if somebody is on PEDs is by (1) Laboratory testing and/or (2) You are the one administering the PEDs to that person.

Mark Hunt didn't know sh@t. He was only making assumptions.

So he's using or he should already know others are using or both?
Don't know if he used or uses, but he should know others are using..

Especially a guy that looks like Brock..

So he's using or he should already know others are using or both?

Yeah, why not? They shouldnt ever fucking care.

Again, it is NOT an invincibility star from Super Mario Bros. Fighters ON the juice can and have lost despite having it.

Didn't read. He said he would beat him anyway. He didn't. End of story.

And the UFC is at fault here how? Shut up, Hunt. Many people have gotten exemptions. Lesnar failed and was punished. It doesn't the fact you are an unskilled fighter with no drawing power. You don't deserve a penny.

While I do think Hunt is out of line with this, this is a borderline fighter-bashing post.

You think Hunt is unskilled? We both know you're the type of coward who doesn't have the stones to say that sort of thing to him in person.

Just assumed.

attachment.php

<33>

Mark Hunt fought in Pride..

did pride say it was claen or did pride partner with USADA?

UFC represents to the world and presumably its fighters that cheating is not permitted. Pride didnt do that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back