I don't get it, why don't good fighters learn from...

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Conor how to sell themselves better? You don't have to be the best to make more money, just look at shale. So what's the problem?

Because most are not as hard working/clever enough as Conor is.

He's made a character that's a lovable jerk, most people just end up acting like jerks when they copy him.

Because most are not as hard working/clever enough as Conor is.

He's made a character that's a lovable jerk, most people just end up acting like jerks when they copy him.

This certainly explains why everyone hate his parroting asshole fans.

"Mario Balotelli would beat Conor McGregor in a fight. His a-level athleticism would prevail".

you said that. you actually said that you fucking clown.
Huh ? Mario Balotelli is an explosive, aggressive 6'3, 200 lbs A-level athlete. If you are not aware Conor gets manhandled literally every other press conference by couch potato UFC bodyguards. Balotelli would literally kill him, Conor's only winning move is not to fight him at all

Huh ? Mario Balotelli is an explosive, aggressive 6'3, 200 lbs A-level athlete. If you are not aware Conor gets manhandled literally every other press conference by couch potato UFC bodyguards. Balotelli would literally kill him, Conor's only winning move is not to fight him at all

you're an idiot.

Charisma and wit are much rarer than athleticism, especially among fighters.

I think its more personality than anything else. You cant just copy conor it wont work. you need the wit, charm, etc.

If it was that easy more people would be good at it. It's not that hard to get.

His antics somehow stick with the masses. Others have a different personality. Talking trash does not come natural to them.

It's not part of their character to do everything for attention. Some feel very uncomfortable acting like that.

And for some, believe it or not, money isn't everything. They prefer to let their fighting do the talking.

And of course if everyone would act like Conor and it was that easy it would not sell. That much should be obvious.

not everyone has that charisma, and is that good at talking/backing it up.

since conor's been around we've seen guys try to force trash talk and fake beef and it just comes off as cringey.

Why didn't I learn from Michael Jordan how to play basketball better?

I don't get it

Part of Conors thing is having the majority of a nation backing him as well. Pop. % wise hes probably the most supported fighter of all time. GSP a distant second in that regard.

not everyone has that charisma, and is that good at talking/backing it up.

since conor's been around we've seen guys try to force trash talk and fake beef and it just comes off as cringey.

On the plus side, it brings the trashtalk out of fighters who are good at it, but didn't do it before. For ex: Cowboy doesn't usually engage in shit talking, but he actually was able to dig into Conor a little bit when they shared the presser together. Tony Ferguson's showing more of a confidence/mean streak now which gets me more even more excited about his fights. Jeremy Stephens, even though he bombed, generated more fan interest, and probably opened a door to more opportunities had he beaten Edgar.

Asking why people don't just copy McGregor is like asking why the UFC don't just promote other fighters like Conor McGregor. It's not that easy. Conor is the perfect storm of marketability, like Ronda was.

You might as well ask, "Why don't good fighters learn from Rumble how to knock someone out with one punch?" You can't teach power, and you can't just pick up glibness.

Back