Prime Mike Tyson with same boxing but add wrestling and sub defense...

marksmen

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
How would he fair in today's HW division or LHW division? I think he would be hurting people with those 4 oz gloves. Thoughts?

In a parallel universe where this would be possible?

No survivors.

His bobbing and weaving is not yet adapted to MMA. He will launch his head into a kick or knee like this.

No one will ever know but if prime Tyson lands them shots with 4oz gloves, night night.

Throw in leg checks and you have got something.

Yeah, sprinkle a little wrestling and sub defence and his boxing wouldn't be as good dipshit.

Tyson would be a K1 , ADCC and UFC champ with those skills.

Would lose to Buster Douglas with wrestling and sub defense.

Prime me with perfect TDD, one punch KO power, an iron chin, sixth degree BJJ BB and Olympic caliber wrestling. How would I have fair?

take that formula and remove the world class boxing, wrestling and sub defense and you can still be champ... in wmma.

How would he fair in today's HW division or LHW division? I think he would be hurting people with those 4 oz gloves. Thoughts?
Kickers like Cro Cop might murder him with the right game plan, but anyone who relies on punching or doesn't clinch when he closes the distance is getting slept.

Prime me with perfect TDD, one punch KO power, an iron chin, sixth degree BJJ BB and Olympic caliber wrestling. How would I have fair?

You'd still lose to Buster Douglass with perfect TDD, one punch KO power, an iron chin, sixth degree BJJ BB and Olympic caliber wrestling.

This kind of discussion always makes me laugh.

Mediocre athletes like Brendan Schaub and Travis Browne who had no combat sport experience prior to taking up MMA in their mid twenties managed to do OK within a short space of time. Yet an elite level athlete like Mike Tyson, who is a natural born fighter and already an all time great in a key area of MMA, would somehow fail to do well lol.

Gotta love the logic of some people.

Last edited:
Back