Cody Garbrandt star potential?

marksmen

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I think he could be a big draw for the UFC if he wins his next couple. He already is closing in on a million IG followers which is more than Dom and MM combined. Dude is good looking (no homo) and he has personality. Thoughts?

Yes. I'm sure he loves the national anthem, too. MMA fans care about that. And neck tattoos. Don't forget how much the just bleed crowd loves neck tattoos. He could be yuge.

Hard to tell
Small divisions are damn hard to promote
MM is not really a draw while he is dominating his division for years now
Dom was dominating too and is only well known by real fans...

Cody is not racist. I don't think.

But he has many racist supporters. Who think he is a white supremacist!

Lets get Tyron on the case!

"No homo."

If you're that insecure about your sexuality that you have to announce that you're not gay, than you're really not "no homo."

In fact, you are most likely a homosexual. Most likely a bottom.

"No homo."

If you're that insecure about your sexuality that you have to announce that you're not gay, than you're really not "no homo."

You hope that's true so that you can bang him.

"No homo."

haha if you seen the girl I was with last night you would not be talking ;) and thats real talk. It's slang homie. I guess it comes from my urban influences. haha

I don't know. I still can't forget when that guy on TUF who said that he was going to rape cody. Cody was scared lol. So his tough guy act doesn't work for me .

Cody is not racist. I don't think.

But he has many racist supporters. Who think he is a white supremacist!

Lets get Tyron on the case!

Cody's popularity alone proves that UFC is racist. Tyron needs skin bleach and a neck tattoo pronto!

haha if you seen the girl I was with last night you would not be talking ;) and thats real talk. It's slang homie. I guess it comes from my urban influences. haha

nah you're gay

It's possible. I remember when 145 wasent a needle mover. People for the longest didn't like them because they were to small. Until conor came along that is. Cody could be the guy for 135.

I think he could be a big draw for the UFC if he wins his next couple. He already is closing in on a million IG followers which is more than Dom and MM combined. Dude is good looking (no homo) and he has personality. Thoughts?

Not feeling it so far, there are stars like Tate and then there are STARS like Ronda. I remain wholly unconvinced that Cody will reach true STAR level. Will need to see further development in his character and his career. Right now he's destined to be a inside the bubble star.

It's possible. I remember when 145 wasent a needle mover. People for the longest didn't like them because they were to small. Until conor came along that is. Cody could be the guy for 135.
have you listened to Cody's trashtalk? :p

lol he's got no hope of being 135's Conor even if he is more original, but I like Lil Platinum and he's certainly going to gain a following if he continues to fight at this level for the next 5+ years.

I must say I was never really a an o him and thought sooner or later h would love, but after watching him vs almeida and then Cruz, he looked the real deal. His head movement looked great, footwork, speed, wrestling, it all looked top notch, I don't know I his size will stop him going any higher then 135 but he did look great and he seems to wear his heart on his sleeve which is probably why he is gaining fans.

Almeida is no joke. Obviously Cruz is one of the greatest of all time, and Garbrandt seems a lot more chill than his appearance implies. He's gonna give Cruz a deserved rematch, can't really complain about the kid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back