Why should Conor fight a WW like Ferguson or Khabib when he can fight the champ (Woodley)?

T

The Great Macsby

Both Khabib and Fergie fought at welterweight prior to the UFC (Fergie won TUF as a WW). Fergie cut to 165 for wrestling. So my question is why should Conor fight non-champion welterweights when he can fight the best welterweight in the world when he returns (Woodley)?

This FACT also crushes the argument constantly brought up by Conor haters:

"Conor is 155 but cuts to 145 so he is the bigger guy"

Except, here we have two welterweights cutting more weight (15 pounds > 10 pounds) to get an advantage. The sooner you come to terms with "everybody cuts weight" the better your lives will be.

upload_2017-1-21_16-0-11.png

ask macsby.png

100% agree. Nothing to add, just gonna take my front row seat and pleasure myself if TS don't mind.

emotanormalbez.gif

He already lost to a guy 3 times bigger than him.

I don't think he'll be able to beat Woodley, who's like 5x bigger.

Plus Conor already has a win against top Welterweight contender, Nick Diaz, so he's already really earned his shot at Welterweight. There's no need for him to bother with anyone other than the champ at WW. I agree. Can't argue with these facts.

Conor makes it look easy against all of them so I don't care about who he is going to fight.

Plus Conor already has a win against top Welterweight contender, Nick Diaz, so he's already really earned his shot at Welterweight. There's no need for him to bother with anyone other than the champ at WW. I agree. Can't argue with these facts.
Agreed. Nick / Nate...both the same. Nate's better if you ask me.

FACT's are all I know

Fact: McGregor fought at WW more times last year than any other weight, in fact he fought at WW twice as much as any other weight.

The better question is why did McGregor move down to LW from WW to get a title shot instead of just fighting Woodley from the beginning? Woodley certainly would have been interested in the fight.

But to answer your question, he should fight the winner of that WW contest because he is also a WW.

There is NO WAY Khabib and Tony would allow that to happen.

If Dana and Co. allowed Conor to cut the welterweight line in the same manner he did for lightweight, Khabib and Tony would leave the UFC. There is no way they would take that.

Fighting for welterweight title when he technically is 0-1 in WW.

Both Khabib and Fergie fought at welterweight prior to the UFC (Fergie won TUF as a WW). Fergie cut to 165 for wrestling. So my question is why should Conor fight non-champion welterweights when he can fight the best welterweight in the world when he returns (Woodley)?

This FACT also crushes the argument constantly brought up by Conor haters:

"Conor is 155 but cuts to 145 so he is the bigger guy"

Except, here we have two welterweights cutting more weight (15 pounds > 10 pounds) to get an advantage. The sooner you come to terms with "everybody cuts weight" the better your lives will be.

View attachment 192991

View attachment 192995
Already dodging another title defense?

Last edited:
Why do conor fans always have ready built excuses for him in case he loses. He's like the most disadvantaged fighter in MMA history according to some of his fanboys.

Be a real fan of his, adnd just enjoy his fights. If he lost it's because he's not elite in all areas, not because of size. Granted, size can play a factor, but you can say that for every fight where a fighter is longer or slightly bigger than their opponent.

Meh..Ferg vs khabib is the real fight at LW. I think Conor gets wrecked at WW.

There are no lightweights. Only welterweights who can cut 15 extra pounds.

Back