Why don't they hold separate WMMA cards?

Otto!

Steel Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
WMMA seems to have a decent following, but not every MMA fan enjoys WMMA. Why not hold different cards for men and women?

Those who enjoy WMMA would buy, those who don't like it wouldn't. As a bonus, those who don't like WMMA would not have to put up with fights like Holm vs Da Randamie as a PPV main. Sure that would mean fewer WMMA cards, but if they sell well they could increase the roster.

What say you Sherdog?

Or, you can just not watch the WMMA fights when they happen.

WMMA seems to have a decent following, but not every MMA fan enjoys WMMA. Why not hold different cards for men and women?

Those who enjoy WMMA would buy, those who don't like it wouldn't. As a bonus, those who don't like WMMA would not have to put up with fights like Holm vs Da Randamie as a PPV main. Sure that would mean fewer WMMA cards, but if they sell well they could increase the roster.

What say you Sherdog?
I love the idea TS

Make ufc great again

Or, you can just not watch the WMMA fights when they happen.
That's kind of the point. If they separate the 2 then you get to watch a full card without skipping fights.

cause that would be sexist
I have been a proud supporter of women's hockey for over 30 years, as well as many other women's sports. Some of us just don't enjoy watching women get punched and elbowed in the face.

Just keep them off the PPVs please. It's 13 bucks per fight.

The WMMA lovers here would have you believe those cards would sell.

P.S. They would not

If they were on a separate card I would never watch.
If I don't have to pee I'll watch them if they are on ufc cards.

Not enough fights to comprise entire cards. Most women fighters would be lucky to fight once or twice a year.

Plus without rousey they would have to be free cards...

I enjoy WMMA fights but UFC needs to get some better fighters. More world class strikers please

Because that would expose the lie that WMMA is insanely popular as the cards would pull sub-MM numbers. Mighty Mouse would start Cogar-ing in celebration as he wouldn't be the UFC' s lowest seller anymore. They could sell his PPVs by saying "hey, at least it's not WMMA."

What say you Sherdog?

You're not a real fight fan.

The women's fights are outstanding just like the men's.

Back