How good was Tito's UFC 40 trolling of Ken Shamrock compared to today's clowning?

mmacasualviewer

Hardcores vs Casuals
@red
Reaction score
Has Tito got dumber or is just that Shamrock is a great face?

Shamrock is a great face
Not that great of a face..

ShamrockKen-afterTitoOrtizworkedhim.jpg~c200

I remember watching a show back then called "best damn sports show" before the fight. The backdrop was a pic of the mandalay bay. Ken was talking and Tito interrupted him and pointed up to a room on the top floor and said "this is where I'm gonna be partying after I beat your ass (sic)". Or something like that if I remember correctly. At that time it was really clever. Now not so much. Now i cringe when he speaks.

I dont think Tito is clever,hes just easy to hate and Ken is so easily rustled into a murderous rage over the slightest disrespect that the elements were there to get people interested.

How about his maniacal laugh after "I'm going to beat you into a living death"?

Even the stuff he would say on the Ultimate Fighter was okay. Now I just barely watched the conference between Chael and Tito, and I couldn't fucking believe it... Tito should just keep his mouth shut for his own good.

The Shamrock-Ortiz feud is what got me into MMA, and I'm very grateful to both for their contributions to the sport.

Take them out of the MMA lineage, and the sport is probably an underground sideshow today.

UFC 40 would've never been the first milestone event, Fertittas probably would've exited earlier, TUF probably would've never had happened, UFC 61 and the trilogy fight wouldn't have set more records for the company. As a result, Ortiz wouldn't have been the star he was going into the Liddell fight and doing the first 1,000,000+ PPV at UFC 66, and the subsequent boom never would've happened.

Tito's trolling of Ken Shamrock is timeless.

Nearly fifteen years of continuous brain damage might beat you into living death

Tito and the shamrocks saved North American mma from extinction. Tito ken and frank were the only draws they had when the sport was in its dark ages.

The Shamrock-Ortiz feud is what got me into MMA, and I'm very grateful to both for their contributions to the sport.

Take them out of the MMA lineage, and the sport is probably an underground sideshow today.

UFC 40 would've never been the first milestone event, Fertittas probably would've exited earlier, TUF probably would've never had happened, UFC 61 and the trilogy fight wouldn't have set more records for the company. As a result, Ortiz wouldn't have been the star he was going into the Liddell fight and doing the first 1,000,000+ PPV at UFC 66, and the subsequent boom never would've happened.

Good to see someone on here showing respect and speaking the truth.

I was a fan of mma before their first fight,but it def helped to get me interested in it again...there was a dark period where it was hard to follow.

titos best line on ken was just bursting into laughter. and it pissed ken off more than everything he said (which also pissed ken off)
tito didnt actually have any clever lines

Ken was so intense,and Tito's shit eating grin tortured him to no end.

One of my favorite alltime fights. That was a beating that I can watch over and over.

No idea why, but he has lost all ability to trash talk. He either completely mis pronounces words, stutters, or ends up sounding so corny that it comes off comical...like something out of a really bad sitcom.

Back