Anderson Silva at 170?

FlyingDeathKick

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
He has already had a test cut to see if he could make it and dropped down to 171. He only weighed 198lbs for his lhw fight with DC on 2 days notice. What are the chances of Silva fighting at welterweight and will he get an immediate title shot assuming he beats Brunson? People might not like it but I think Silva would need 1 win at 170 at the very most in order to get a shot at the title.

If Dan Henderson could get a shot at the mw title then it's more than possible. They could give him an immediate title shot if Maia wins the belt. Or they could even have Silva vs Cerrone in a title eliminator.

Anderson cold never make that weight brah. Teh GOAT already has a solidified legacy. Chill son.

#GUERNICAbless

Doesn't seem to make much sense to me

I don't think a 40 year old with broken bones needs to fuck himself up with a weight cut that a 23 year old would not enjoy

He used to fight at 167.

But I think at he is turning 42 in april.

He used to fight at welterweight during his time fighting in Japan. I don't know if he could make the weight now, but he used to be able to.

Did you watch the Bisping fight? He's obviously not the fighter he once was. It doesn't matter which division he fights in, he's gun shy.

he will destroy brunson and then fight against bisbing for the MW title

It's possible. Woodley reaches 205 at his max so he could make it.

I hate to burst your bubble, but 42 year old Silva ain't making welterweight.

No chance Silva fights at 170. He cuts to 185, and probably walks around at 195+... I've seen pics where I'd even guess over 200lbs. The worst fighter at 185 doesn't become the best at 170 just because he dropped a weight class, so there's really no sense for him cutting to WW anyways.

Silva never wanted to cut to WW in the UFC, but he always loved the idea of fighting WW's.

Last edited:
If Yushin Okami can make 170, which he now does, Anderson Silva can do it.

a weight cut is like a fight before the fight, not worth it.

Brunson is winnable, Weidman is on losing streak and entering a touch matchup that could further his losing streak, Rockhold's career seems on hold for motivation reasons, Bisping is champ = MW is still the best division for his career.

Only Yoel and Jacare are extremely dangerous right now, any top MW is in a good spot with a good shot.

I rather they give him easy "super fights" at 185 and 205.

vs Shogun, Rashad, etc. People from his generation.

But Sherdog said Anderson walked around at 240 in the build up to the chael/weidman fights. Right?

Back