Can more MMA fighters earn more $$$, doing a boxing match?

OrigFan255

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I use to love watching a big hyped up $59.95 boxing PPV in the 90's.
For a while now, boxing has been kind of blah to me. Occasionally there is decent fight.

I am a believer that regardless of whether MMA guys would lose in a pure boxing match, I would definitely tune in to see some guys test themselves.

I also wonder if some UFC'ers would earn a better living by making the switch? When fighters aren't happy with their contract, Bellator, WSOF and Rizin are the only other options.

Anyone know what undercard boxers earn? An estimate?
Decent undercard UFC guys probably earn $50 - 75,000. Boxing has to pay more than that.

Look at this upcoming clown matchup between Chris Brown and Soulja (Not Soldier) Boy. I have no intention of watching it but, I am sure more will tune in to watch them over skilled undercard boxers. Name recognition.

I guess time will tell. If Nate earns more money doing some boxing, it will let others know that there are better options to earn more money.

typically undercard quality fighters dont make a lot in either sport from what I've seen

All of these MMA guys wanting to box will get wrecked.

CSRXlIaUYAAEHC1.jpg:large

I think, or hope, he means per year. Not per fight.

But the answer would be no for most of them. Not only would they get wrecked, the bottom end pay in the UFC is FAR better than the bottom end for boxing, from what I’ve seen.

What does it matter?

All the MMA, boxing jobs are gonna go to robots so better get it while you can.

Back