So we're all fans of point fighting now?

ewww21

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Yes, Tyron is annoying. Yes, he race baits. No, he isn't racist (saying someone has racist fans =/= racism). No, that doesn't mean be racist in threads because you know Sherdog mods aren't good for shit.

However, we saw in that fight that Tyron flatlined Wonderboy almost every time he offered an offensive onslaught. Wonderboy at best could offer point fighting when Tyron took rounds off like a dumbass KNOWING how judges are.

He should've gotten the finish, probably could have, but clamoring for this rematch is... Ehhhhhh.

Wonderboy was getting his shit kicked in. Is it too late to scrap this and give it to Maia or Cerrone before they face someone who can beat them?

Would honestly rather see Wonderboy vs. Cerrone. That way Wonderboy doesn't get gnpd to a living zombie again or subbed by Maia.

It's only point fighting when it fails to get a finish (see WB/Hendricks).

We should give Wonderboy 3 or 4 instant rematches for the title shot, he tried so hard last time, seems like a good kid.

This is clearly what the company wants anyway

As far as I'm concerned neither of them finished so both of them are point fighters.

Yes, Tyron is annoying. Yes, he race baits. No, he isn't racist (saying someone has racist fans =/= racism). No, that doesn't mean be racist in threads because you know Sherdog mods aren't good for shit.

However, we saw in that fight that Tyron flatlined Wonderboy almost every time he offered an offensive onslaught. Wonderboy at best could offer point fighting when Tyron took rounds off like a dumbass KNOWING how judges are.

He should've gotten the finish, probably could have, but clamoring for this rematch is... Ehhhhhh.

Wonderboy was getting his shit kicked in. Is it too late to scrap this and give it to Maia or Cerrone before they face someone who can beat them?

Would honestly rather see Wonderboy vs. Cerrone. That way Wonderboy doesn't get gnpd to a living zombie again or subbed by Maia.
Sorry, Saying someone is racist is not being racist.
But calling out racism every single time he speaks? It is indeed racism.

So you'd rather watch a guy that keeps his back against the cage the entire fight in the hopes he'll land that one big shot?

As far as I'm concerned neither of them finished so both of them are point fighters.
True, but only one was actively looking for the finish. Wonderboy was trying to get into the fight by round 3.

Maybe he thought KOing all his opponents up until then or styling over Rory was easy enough, but a punch and a leg kick here and there shouldn't level out getting dieded by round 1.

Everyone is like "It was a draw, he deserves a rematch!"

It's only a draw on paper if you didn't watch the fight lol

Im pretty sure we're all tired of immediate rematches by now. Just sign Maia or Cerrone dammit

Wonderboy was "pointfighting" because Woodley was playing defense for 95% of the fight. It worked pretty well for Woodley because he is able to hit really hard on the few shots he does take. If Woodley were throwing more it would leave Wonderboy a lot more opportunities to finish the fight himself.

Woodley's power is exciting but his style isn't. Typical explosive wrestler with ko power and too much muscle to fight at a high pace.

So you'd rather watch a guy that keeps his back against the cage the entire fight in the hopes he'll land that one big shot?
Woodley's power is exciting but his style isn't. Typical explosive wrestler with ko power and too much muscle to fight at a high pace.
I tend to agree with what you're saying here, but Woodley, at least in this fight, was knocking Wonderboys shit around on the ground and standing in some instances.

There's just not a strong case for an instant rematch here. I thought it was a draw too and an excellent display of heart.

Again with this point fighting bullshit.

Conor couldn't finish Diaz in two fights, I guess he must be a point fighter too.

That's not news.

GSP was a point fighter and had legions of fans.

Although I suspect his popularity had more to do with his abs and ass than his fight strategy.

True, but only one was actively looking for the finish. Wonderboy was trying to get into the fight by round 3.

Maybe he thought KOing all his opponents up until then or styling over Rory was easy enough, but a punch and a leg kick here and there shouldn't level out getting dieded by round 1.

Im pretty sure we're all tired of immediate rematches by now. Just sign Maia or Cerrone dammit

Maybe he was waiting for Woodley to gas himself out. It's a pretty viable strategy against someone who gasses as reliably as Woodley does.

I tend to agree with what you're saying here, but Woodley, at least in this fight, was knocking Wonderboys shit around on the ground and standing in some instances.

There's just not a strong case for an instant rematch here. I thought it was a draw too and an excellent display of heart.
There's been instant rematches of fights that weren't a draw... Everybody wanted Condit to get an instant rematch when he lost to Lawler and he didn't even really earn his shot. Wonderboy beat the top guys then fought to a draw against the champ. A rematch only makes sense and most champions would feel terrible about a draw and wan't the rematch.

Again with this point fighting bullshit.

Conor couldn't finish Diaz in two fights, I guess he must be a point fighter too.
Finally a thread that didn't involve the Manlet slayer, and without a doubt some ass with dick on the brain brings him up.

This. Over 5 rounds only in the 4th did tyron do anything really notable or close to a finish. But yeah he beat his ass lol even wonderboy came back and won the 5th

when someone throws a head kick, they are trying to finish you.

Sorry, Saying someone is racist is not being racist.
But calling out racism every single time he speaks? It is indeed racism.
If you think that's what racism is, then you should probably pick up a book and educate yourself. Suggesting that pointing out racism is, in itself, racism literally makes zero sense. And it indicates you have no idea what the word means.

I'm not a Woodley fan, but there's certainly merit to what he says. Do I think his comments go a bit too far? Sure. But he's a professional athlete, not a social scholar, so I don't expect him to have a nuanced understanding of such issues. He's just a guy talking about his experiences. And of course every interviewer asks him about it, so he gives his thoughts, then boneheads on the internet throw around words like "race baiting" and "race card," as if those concepts are legitimate. Spoiler alert, they're not.

Back