hypocrisy of hate for men's 125 but not wmma

Tamriel Terror

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I'm a little bit confused my fellow sherdoggers. Sooo most people on here and casuals don't care for mens flyweight at all because "they're manlets and i could beat them up" attitude.

Ok, I guess I can understand someone thinking that, soooo then why do people like wmma so much? Why is ronda such a draw? Most people think wmma is full of cans and the average man would destroy them same with mens flyweight, so why does only flyweight get hate and no views?

you can't compare the skill level at mens flyweight vs wmma because its such a large gap, yet people complain so much about 125 yet wmma is growing like crazy even though they are less skilled and the chance of an average man winning a fight against them is much higher than a professional 125 male fighter.

So why the hypocrisy? Why the hate for men's 125, but people are fine with wmma and 135?

I'm honestly just curious, i personally am not much of a fan of wmma, but i dont mind mens 125. I'm not attacking anyone's personal opinion, just curious guys :)

Last edited:
MMA has an audience and WMMA has audience. Unfortunately neither of them want to watch mens 125.

MMA has an audience and WMMA has audience. Unfortunately neither of them want to watch mens 125.
but why?

Many of the sherdoggers on here that hate 125 still watch wmma even though they are less skilled and they have a better chance of beating them? So why just the hate for 125 mens? 135 is only 10lbs heavier and it doesn't get any of the hate.

It's almost as if Sherdog consists of different people with different opinions!

didnt-read.gif

EDIT: Fuck it's Tamriel Terror's thread, I like that guy!

Professional sports are entertainment. The product has to be enjoyable. Hence many don't like WMMA or 125. I count myself as one of those who doesn't enjoy them. However, the notion that I could beat up any legit 125 lb MMA fighter is ridiculous. I wrestle with HS kids weekly and our 126 is a murderer. I've always said that the morons who think that they, as an untrained individual, could simply show up and whip ass should simply walk into any legit MMA gym and announce they are there to do just that, i.e. whoop some small man's ass. Believe me, they will allow and welcome this "challenge". But for the love of god, please record this event and upload to youtube. Sadly, no one has accepted that challenge.

The problems with 125 are that these men are too quick and too strong for their own good. The fights, typically, end up being two men who run around but can't hit each other. The grappling exchanges, while entertaining, are too short because neither man can hold the other down because their strength to weight ration is so high.

Edit: typo

Is more that the division sucks... no real contenders for DJ, BW is a roundabout and sw has Joanna's declining chin and power and a few challengers licking there lips watching on.

I started to like men's flyweight a lot more watching the latest TUF. Almost all the fights were really good. Back when they opened the division, it seemed like a lot of the fights were bad. I don't care about the size of the fighters relative to myself or an "average man."

I'm honestly just curious, i personally am not much of a fan of wmma, but i dont mind mens 125. I'm not attacking anyone's personal opinion, just curious guys :)
why the hypocrisy bro? why not like the girls since you already like the flyweights?

I like fights, so dont mind either

why the hypocrisy bro? why not like the girls since you already like the flyweights?

I like fights, so dont mind either
Because the talent and skill in wmma isn't comparable to mens mma, same reason i like nba and college basketball but dont watch women's.

Because the talent and skill in wmma isn't comparable to mens mma, same reason i like nba and college basketball but dont watch women's.
lol yeah I was just fucking with you man

as I said I like both, as I enjoy fighting in general

I'm a little bit confused my fellow sherdoggers. Sooo most people on here and casuals don't care for mens flyweight at all because "they're manlets and i could beat them up" attitude.

Ok, I guess I can understand someone thinking that, soooo then why do people like wmma so much? Why is ronda such a draw? Most people think wmma is full of cans and the average man would destroy them same with mens flyweight, so why does only flyweight get hate and no views?

you can't compare the skill level at mens flyweight vs wmma because its such a large gap, yet people complain so much about 125 yet wmma is growing like crazy even though they are less skilled and the chance of an average man winning a fight against them is much higher than a professional 125 male fighter.

So why the hypocrisy? Why the hate for men's 125, but people are fine with wmma and 135?

I'm not a fan of 125 because it lacks depth and honestly the fights in general aren't that great. You'll have a good or decent one here and there but overall it's just not a fun weight class to watch.

It has to do with the relative size of the fighters compared to the average size person of their gender.

Mighty Mouse is tiny for a man.

Ronda is big for a woman.

Girls are supposed to be petite, and guys aren't is part of it. I'm not a fan of either division.

They are the equivalent of men's LW-MW weight classes, when they make a 105lbs wmma, they will get the same hate.

Back