Chad Mendes, Frankie Edgar, Joseph Benavidez

rebell

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Where do these guys all go from here, change division or have another crack at the relative champions?

It's a mess..

Unfortunate, but Frankie will never be champ again.
I'd love to see him at 135 tho.

Frankie to BW
Benavidez - MM 3 (cause there's nobody else)
Mendes - one more year sitting on the sidelines.

I'll answer my own quiestion,

Frankie to BW (Dillasnake, Cody, Cruz would all be awesome match up's)
Benavidez to BW (anyone)
Chad to LW (Or Giblert at FW)

A lot of potential scraps to be made in each division if they made the move.

They will never be champions but they're at the tail ends of their careers and can make that money and give the fans what they want, blood and violence.

Chad & Frankie will be top contenders for next 1-2 years.
Joe B should be a horse jockey - thats his true calling, no one wants to see him fight.

Chad & Frankie will be top contenders for next 1-2 years.
Joe B should be a horse jockey - thats his true calling, no one wants to see him fight.

Agree with your first claim; can't fathom the second. Benavidez' fight with Cejudo really had it all, one of the most thrilling matches in recent memory.

Agree with your first claim; can't fathom the second. Benavidez' fight with Cejudo really had it all, one of the most thrilling matches in recent memory.
I have to admit - I didnt watch because I dont like Joe B

You can blame King Aldo for beasts like Edgar and Chad being stuck in no man's land.

Frankie can beat anybody but Aldo at 145, so he should stay.
Benavidez vs Johnson is the fight to make at 125, if he loses he probably will retire.
Chad Mendes is wasting his prime sidelined, I hope he returns as a contender, but I doubt it

Mendes needs to face Swanson again, its a whole different nowadays

Joe B can be gone with the wind

I didn't know he was

Yeah he popped for hgh I believe shortly after he got knocked out by Edgar. He must be halfway thru his 2yr suspension by now.

Oh, and he blamed it on some type of psoriasis skin cream or some shit like that lol.

Edit-- Not even halfway thru actually....his suspension began May 17th 2016. And it wasn't exactly hgh, but I guess some compound that encourages hgh growth in the body. Still clearly on the band substances list though.

https://www.google.com/amp/mmajunki...growth-hormone-1/amp?client=ms-android-att-us

Last edited:
Chads probably done. 2 years and won't have his roids after most likely. Won't surprise me if he shrinks and goes to BW, either way I think he's done being a contender. Guys who get popped almost always have a huge decline in performance.

Frankie can make 135 and fight there, he's still got options.

Benavidez... eh. First fight with MM was somewhat close. Second fight was a quick KO. He looks like he's improved since leaving TAM. I get he didn't look great against Cejudo, but two absolutely brutal nut kicks probably affected his performance greatly. 6 fight win streak and like 5 of them are top 10, he deserves a 3rd crack.

Back