Tyron Woodley and Wonderboy talk rematch on UFC Unfiltered (Cliffs)

Threetrees

He/Him
@plutonium
Reaction score

Tyron @ 25:00
Cliffs -
Tyron talks first fight, thinks he won 1,3,5 but concedes it was close
Says Wonderboy was quicker than he expected, but thinks he can make adjustments
Nothing really surprising, he'll evolve and get better everywhere
Talks about not taking Wonderboy down more - thinks some part of him wanted to stand up to prove a point
Asks Matt why he didn't finish the choke, they break it down a bit and Matt give him some advice on finishing it
Says he's always respected Wonderboy as a fighter
Talks about the decision in the cage, didn't hear the actual scores just heard that he won and then some things changed
Gives blessings to lord Shael
Says he'll be a better fighter next time, thinks he can be more convincing now
Matt Serra and Tyron bond over judging and announcing mistakes (same thing happened to him against Din Thomas except it was backstage)

Wonderboy @ 50:00
Wonderboy talks the guillotine choke, talks about willing himself out of it and going to sleep instead of tapping
Was surprised with Tyron's strength, plans on putting on some size to help against the cage and on the ground
Says he expected Tyron to back up and fight off his back foot
Wonderboy says he could had preformed a lot better, he thinks he had a bad day outside and couldn't pull the trigger
Doesn't think that it was a 10-8 4th, but is fine with the score and happy to do it again

Was surprised with Tyron's strength, plans on putting on some size to help against the cage and on the ground

doesn't sound like a good idea. he said in an interview a while back that he did the same thing against matt brown and he said that the weight cut had too much of a negative effect on his performance in the octagon

doesn't sound like a good idea. he said in an interview a while back that he did the same thing against matt brown and he said that the weight cut had too much of a negative effect on his performance in the octagon
well he said that he was around 182 coming in on fight week, so I'm wondering how much weight he's going to put on.

Interesting to hear that Thompson's adding weight. He has a good frame, so he should be able to add without it impacting him too much, but a lot of Wonderboy's success has been due to speed. Curious to see if there's a tangible difference in size/speed in the rematch. Probably not, but it's still a little surprising to hear.

couldve made adjustments to that

I think he's been light since that fight though, and he's getting older - weight cut will be no easier. It'll be interesting to see how it affects his speed and cardio especially if he does spend more time on bottom

Tyron @ 25:00
Cliffs -
Tyron talks first fight, thinks he won 1,3,5 but concedes it was close
Says Wonderboy was quicker than he expected, but thinks he can make adjustments
Nothing really surprising, he'll evolve and get better everywhere
Talks about not taking Wonderboy down more - thinks some part of him wanted to stand up to prove a point
Asks Matt why he didn't finish the choke, they break it down a bit and Matt give him some advice on finishing it
Says he's always respected Wonderboy as a fighter
Talks about the decision in the cage, didn't hear the actual scores just heard that he won and then some things changed
Gives blessings to lord Shael
Says he'll be a better fighter next time, thinks he can be more convincing now
Matt Serra and Tyron bond over judging and announcing mistakes (same thing happened to him against Din Thomas except it was backstage)

Wonderboy @ 50:00
Wonderboy talks the guillotine choke, talks about willing himself out of it and going to sleep instead of tapping
Says he expected Tyron to back up and fight off his back foot
Wonderboy says he could had preformed a lot better, he thinks he had a bad day outside and couldn't pull the trigger
Doesn't think that it was a 10-8 4th, but is fine with the score and happy to do it again

thanks for the cliffs .
This is how all video thread should start .
good work

well he said that he was around 182 coming in on fight week, so I'm wondering how much weight he's going to put on.

i think he said in the interview that his walking around weight was at 205 prior to the matt brown fight and felt like 185 was ideal for him

i think he said in the interview that his walking around weight was at 205 prior to the matt brown fight and felt like 185 was ideal for him
<mma4>
Should be interesting to see where he falls in the middle and how it looks on fight night
Dudes getting older, playing with your weight at this stage could be a good thing or it could be terrible

that's true. i'm just thinking it's a bad idea because this next title shot may very well be the last one he gets (or at least for a long time) and it doesn't seem like the right time to be testing something new w/r/t weight cutting

that's true. i'm just thinking it's a bad idea because this next title shot may very well be the last one he gets (or at least for a long time) and it doesn't seem like the right time to be testing something new w/r/t weight cutting
maybe. but i see wonderboy being the gus of this division if he loses. as soon as tyron loses he'll get the first shot.

Back