Tyron Woodley doesn't regret using "the race card", compares himself to Martin Luther King and Ali

Lawblaw

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Woodley said at the luncheon. “At the time [King] was doing that, he didn’t think he’d be ‘Martin Luther King.’ He was doing it because it was right. We also have to think as fighters, celebrities — whatever you want to call us — that we have an obligation to point out stuff that’s just completely wrong.

“Muhammad Ali said it best when he said, ‘I might lose some money in this by sitting out some of my prime [protesting the Vietnam draft], but this is right.’ And this is why people remember him. I just made a vow to myself this year that things that are unjust, things that are untrue, things that are racially driven, I’m not going to be quiet. I’m going to speak up. In the past, I said I didn’t want to speak on certain issues because the second I said one thing about race, then ‘Tyron’s playing the race card.’ But if you really think about it, what is the race card? The race card is that the man held me down, I had unfair circumstances and I wasn’t able to be successful because I was held down.

“This is not me being vindictive. This is me making my way out of nowhere, rising above my situation. You might live in an impoverished environment. That doesn’t have to be you.”

He said that the company missed a golden opportunity to spread that message in November, when he fought Thompson at Madison Square Garden in the UFC’s debut card in New York.

Sauce: http://www.latimes.com/sports/boxing/la-sp-sn-ufc-tyron-woodley-stephen-thompson-20170119-story.html

Thats racist

tumblr_n62cj2uXcW1six5o1o1_500.gif

Can not stand that delusional crybaby...he's so full of shit

King and Ali were charismatic, articulate and intellectually capable. Tyrone Woodley has the charisma of a statue and the intellect of a donut.

King and Ali were charismatic, articulate and intellectually capable. Tyrone Woodley has the charisma of a statue and the intellect of a donut.
Exactly, Ali didn't pull race card like Tyron does always. They had more to say than to support their people.

He needs to stop throwing himself a giant pity party. Good grief, man.

Exactly, Ali didn't pull race card like Tyron does always. They had more to say than to support their people.
Not only that but they were actually fighting real racism at the time...Tyron is just a delusional idiot who is a racist himself

Not only that but they were actually fighting real racism at the time...Tyron is just a delusional idiot who is a racist himself
Hes not delusional tho, hes playing it smart. Using his race as to advance himself in this game. Since he started pulling out race card, hes all over this forums and media.
Edit: This quote " Better to be hated than to be ignored"

Tyron a gud boi. He dindo nuffin. We wuz fightin dem alienz from space when whitey livin in dey caves.
<6>

Hes not delusional tho, hes playing it smart. Using his race as to advance himself in this game. Since he started pulling out race card, hes all over this forums and media.
I hope that's what he's doing...but what if he is being serious though?....People like that exist....he might honestly believe that society owes him something just because his ancestors were slaves years ago...I hate that race card bullshit

Ali played the race card hard, but it made sense for him in that day and age and political climate. TWood is just putting his own spin on the Chael Sonnen/ Conor McGregor schtick .... Without the charisma of any of the above. It's a terrible fail IMO.

Back