Yair or Holloway?... Who do you guys think would win?

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
IMO this would be a sick fight at FW.

Both guys bring it.

Both guys very young and hungry.

And actually, both guys injured right now. But when they come back, this could be a big fight.

From what we have seen, does anybody think Yair could come out on top in this fight?

Or is Holloway just too much for El Pantera?

Holloway
vD6tHeFEbopzyp1VGDqJWUbolXW7zW7L9wnTerVW7vw.gif

Or El Pantera

Who would win?

Holloway & it's not even close. If Yair can hang with top 10 guys is still yet to be determined let alone top 5...top 3...

Holloway & it's not even close. If Yair can hang with top 10 guys is still yet to be determined let alone top 5...top 3...
But are you saying that based on their skills or on rankings? Cause I think they´re both very talented guys. I´d favour Holloway too, but it would be a close fight imo.

But are you saying that based on their skills or on rankings? Cause I think they´re both very talented guys. I´d favour Holloway too, but yes, it would be close imo.
Rankings wise right now. Yair is clearly super talented but it's still hard to tell exactly how good he is because of his level of competition so far. Yair got very predictably unpredictable vs Caceres as the fight went on if that makes sense. Against someone like Max he wont be able to get away with that.

He looked a lot better vs BJ....but....that was 2017 BJ...

YAIR all the way! Please shut the worst talking mouth Yair!

Max Holloway today might be able to beat Conor and Jose Aldo
Those are the guys we should be comparing him too

Yair is a prospect who just beat up a punching bag. He needs more seasoning, his last fight before that wasn't impressive at all

Holloway is much more well rounded and composed.

Holloway has elite skills in every aspect. It's amazing that such a talented striker like Holloway is so good at fighting off his back and basically every ground position. The guy is incredible.

I knew that when I first watched him five years ago against Poirier. I was like, why did the UFC sign a 3-1 guy with no notable wins? And now I know.

Holloway will smash Aldo (if he ever stops hiding) and mark his place in the FW greatest of all time ranks.

Yair is amazing but he's not elite yet. He had a lot of trouble with Alex Caceres. Alex Caceres is a special fighter as well that could still rise to the top if he stays dedicated, but he isn't top tier right now.

Right now, I'd say Holloway is much more developed. Yair needs more time.

Max has more experience and is a bad motherfucker, but we all know that anything can happen in a fight, so it would be an interesting matchup...I just think Yair needs a little more time to mature and sharpen his skills.

Yair easily, with a good game plan.

Holloway is much more well rounded and composed.

Holloway has elite skills in every aspect. It's amazing that such a talented striker like Holloway is so good at fighting off his back and basically every ground position. The guy is incredible.

I knew that when I first watched him five years ago against Poirier. I was like, why did the UFC sign a 3-1 guy with no notable wins? And now I know.

Holloway will smash Aldo (if he ever stops hiding) and mark his place in the FW greatest of all time ranks.

Yair is amazing but he's not elite yet. He had a lot of trouble with Alex Caceres. Alex Caceres is a special fighter as well that could still rise to the top if he stays dedicated, but he isn't top tier right now.

Stops hiding? Holloway called him out and then reneged on it to go to Disneyland.

Yair would get destroyed. He done well against a 38 year old BJ who just stood in front of him (nothing against BJ, he's a legend).

Yair struggled against Caceres for christ sake, he spent most of the fight hitting air.

He also has a complete lack of boxing, Holloway would out move him and box him up.

Jesus Christ this thread, is right up there with Ronda can beat Floyd :)))

Yair has proven shit so far, actually he has proven to struggle against decent opposition. Max would absolutely brutalise him, it won't even be competitive.

Yair gets Knocked down and submited like Max did to Cub.
The experience gap is too wide so far, same as Tony Ferg vs Lando.

Edit: people overlook experience too often, it was laughable that Swanson was underdog in betting against Superboy.

Back